Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDilemma for HOV and Housing Prices...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 2:13pm
quote:
Originally posted by VA4ver
[br]I don't think the hybrids contribute to the price of oil -- I'd like to see proof of that one. It think it's all the gas guzzlers that we buy. It is because the average American household has how many cars? At least 2. Also it is the fact that we are a large country so we drive EVERYWHERE.

We also do not have an adequate public transportation system to move people w/o cars. In Germany we used to hop trains to get from point A to B, strauss cars, bikes, etc. But Germany is also about the size of Virginia and isn't as rural.

What if households decided to reduce the number of cars on the roads? Think the American Way will support that type of change? Also I read somewhere that China is sucking down a lot of oil. Doesn't OPEC use their control over the oil as a way to keep countries in line?

As for the housing prices, count your blessing if you have already purchased! As long as the high paying jobs are here, the prices mostly likely won't go down.

Any readers of New Yorker magazine out there in slug land? I hear there is an article along the lines of "Silent Spring" that claims roundabouts in Vermont will result in global warming. Forecasting dust bowls in Kansas before 2080 and drought in California.

dickboyd@aol.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic