Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daventry Slug Line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daventry Slug Line
    Posted: 11 Mar 2005 at 5:08pm
I'm thinking about becoming a slug. I've been a driver for 10+ years, so I know the system, but I'm not familiar with the Daventry Slug Line. Does anyone have any advice for me? I mainly want to know how hard it is to catch a ride in the morning (6:30ish)and how hard it is to find a ride home from the 18th & F line? (4:30-5:00ish) Also, if I would metro to the Pentagon, how would I find the Daventry slug line once I'm there? Anything help you can give me would be appreciated!

DavSlug
beachhead View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2005 at 5:06pm
Daventry slugs and drivers go almost exclusively to the Pentagon. Occasionally, a driver will say they are going beyond there to Rosslyn, Crystal City or into DC. Actually, it is not bad picking up at 6:30 and dropping off at the Pentagon. That is about the only place people are going, but you can get to DC easily after the drop. The 19th and F PM pickup mostly just goes to Bob's or Rolling Valley. That's what the people want, so if you are only going as far as Daventry, you can drop off at Bob's and keep moving up OKM. If you want to slug yourself, you are better off parking at Bob's in the morning because Daventy will probably only get you to the Pentagon.
Diana View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2005 at 5:18pm
Thanks for the advice! It's good information to know. I don't want to get stuck in the PM without a ride to my car.

DavSlug
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2005 at 6:56am
Diana,
If you catch a ride home with a driver heading for Rolling Valley Mall in the afternoon, chances are they will be happy to drop you off at Daventry. Just ask them before you get in their car. When I drive I go all the way west on Old Keene Mill Rd to Rolling Valley Mall, and it's no problem at all to drop slugs off at any of the slug stops along Old Keene Mill (Bob's, Daventry, Cardinal Plaza, Huntsman Blvd, Fieldmaster Drive, or Rolling Valley Mall). I think most Rolling Valley Mall drivers are happy to do the same. [:)]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 7:42am
As sluDgE said - be sure to ask BEFORE getting into the car. Some drivers do mind dropping off at other locations.
Diana View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 6:56pm
OK

DavSlug
ltmarks View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ltmarks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2005 at 11:49pm
hello everyone, I just purchased a home in the Daventry subdivision (Readington Ct) and will start picking up slugs in June.

I'm new to this system but it seems like a perfect symbol of the American way- supply and demand, mutually beneficial relationships, etc, etc.

Hope to see you out there,
LTMarks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic