Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aquia Harbor Stafford

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordmwe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aquia Harbor Stafford
    Posted: 16 Mar 2005 at 9:42pm
Is there enough interest in starting a slug line from the Aquia Harbour ball field lot? Many of us drive out of the Harbour to the 610 lots every day and we could avoid 610 traffic both ways if we slugged closer to home.
sluggie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2005 at 3:37pm
Good idea...although I think it would be easier to get a ride out in the mornings then back to the Harbour at night. I have been slugging from 610 since 2000, and haven't really been picked up by a lot of Harbour residents. May end up with some pretty long waits trying to get back. I'll take a shot at it though if there is enough interest. You never know.

P.S. Just a suggestion - Aquia Towne Center may be a better choice to start off with. At least that way other drivers who don't live in the Harbour can pick up people, too.
DC_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2005 at 8:17pm
nordmwe:

I live in the Harbour and am trying to get involved with a carpool instead of picking up slugs every morning. If you are interested, where is your destination in the city? Why don't you email me at krystalwest@hotmail.com?

It would be nice to share the load of driving with someone, and still have the comfort of not having to stand in line every night. I also have a parking permit where I work and it is relatively cheap.

Let me know!
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2005 at 8:21am
I think it is a bad idea to attempt to decentralize the pickup and dropoff points. It reduces the number of rides for everyone and weakens the slugging system. You will have riders waiting to go to 610 and drivers saying "I only go to Aquia". We already have enough trouble having two dropoffs in the evening - adding a third will only make a bad situation worse.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic