Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe most important reason to reject HOT lanes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdatkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The most important reason to reject HOT lanes
    Posted: 17 Mar 2005 at 9:49am
Many, if not most of us, have purchased homes in the Prince William or Stafford area. A big reason we bought these homes was because we could take advantage of the quick commute that slugging offers.

HOT lanes would, if not ruin this, put a severe wrench into the system. Not only would we have additional congestion from single riders, but the congestion resulting from construction of the HOT lanes would be very bad.

I can't believe that our lawmakers and public servants are so willing to do this "bait and switch" to people who have invested so much of their private fortunes in homes in the Prince William/Stafford area.

Please don't pull the rug out from under us.
shirons View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2005 at 11:11am
cdatkins . .Do you happen to live in Stafford? I'm trying to find anti-HOT Lane folks in Stafford to start writing letters and making visits to the Board of Supervisors there. Most of the members of the Stafford BOCS either support or lean towards support of HOT Lanes. They are in love with the idea of getting the HOV lanes extended to Fredericksburg, and they see the HOT Lanes props. as the only way to get it done.

We're doing an excellent job of getting our voice heard in PWC - but we need Stafford to vote No on endorsement of the two proposals too.

If you live in Stafford County and are ready to help fight HOT Lanes please contact me: scott@savehov.org.

It'd be great to hold a forum, similar to what was held in PWC on Monday night, in Stafford County.
cdatkins View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdatkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2005 at 12:31pm
I don't live in Stafford, but we are seriously thinking about moving down there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic