Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Funny Sight on the commute home tonight!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheepish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Funny Sight on the commute home tonight!
    Posted: 25 Apr 2005 at 6:58pm
Witnessed a pretty funny sight this evening on the way home. Going south on 95, coming up on the Woodbridge/Rt 1 exit at the top of the hill, traffic was coming to a standstill. Then I noticed a white car that had obviously changed its mind about taking that exit. The driver turned the car around and eventually merged back into the HOV right lane, right in front of me. My first thought was the white car was a violator bailing to avoid the traffic jam, but then changed its mind when it saw State Police that must have been waiting as they often do at that exit.

I was right! But the funny part of this whole story was actually watching a State Trooper race up the hill *on foot* from where they normally park down on the offramp to point out the white car to another State Trooper who already had someone pulled over. Since all traffic was at a momentary crawl, of course the violator was nabbed! [:D]

Glad to see the "extra effort" from that State Trooper!
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2005 at 8:22am
Many years ago at the afternoon Horner Road exit, we would see cheaters come off the exit and then see the cops waiting. This was when only the exit ramp was HOV (since we didnt have isolated lanes yet). On a number of occasions, I saw people pull over and act like they had car trouble by popping the hood. The cops would drive back and ticket them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic