Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pentagon to Rt 3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savannahr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pentagon to Rt 3
    Posted: 29 Apr 2005 at 9:45am
Hi, I'm moving to Fredericksburg on June 18th and will probably be slugging to work (vanpool or buses are an option). I live in Woodbridge now and have been slugging for the past 12 years or so. Question. I work at the Pentagon and normally leave my office at 5:00 and always see a pretty lengthy line from the Pentagon to Rt 3. Do you always get a ride and how long to do they pick up from there? Right until 6:00? Just want to make sure I'm not stranded. Thanks.
k8isgreat View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k8isgreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 10:23am
I'm new to slugging and would also be interested to learn more about the Rt3-Pentagon journey. what is the best time to catch a ride in the evening from the Pentagon? i live right off of gordon rd, so the morning isn't as much of a concern as the evening. since i work in dc, i would probably take the metro to the Pentagon and leave from there. is this the best option??? any suggestions?
renalie57 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renalie57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2005 at 10:15am
Hi, the line usally begins early around 2:30pm and runs as late as 5:30-6pm that I have heard. I have never stayed passed 5pm but, I have heard from some that they have gotten a ride as late as 7pm sometimes. But, again this is just hear say!

Renalie Prodigalidad
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 11:34am
I usually pull up to the pentagon rt3 line around 3:30, and generally have to wait a few minutes to get two slugs. I'll drive by the line as late as 5:50 because those 10 minutes do make a difference. I think the latest train leaves Crystal City around 7:00, with the latest bus leaving Pentagon just after 6:00.

Pentagon is definitely your best chance of getting to RT3.
cedricdmiller View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedricdmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2005 at 1:31pm
Hello,
I am new to the concept of slugging. I need to get to Frederickburg - Rte 3, this afternoon and want to take advantage of the HOV. I will be moving there this summer from dulles/sterling. Can someone tell me how I get to the Pentagon to pick up people for the Route 3 to Fredericksburg slug line? I will be leaving from 16th and L Streets. If there is a line to Fredericksburg at 14th and G. Can someone also confirm this?

Thank you

/s
aguarino View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aguarino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2005 at 6:07pm
I would be interested in catching a ride from the Pentagon to Route 3. Since I work at the Navy Yard I can get to the Pentagon via shuttle/metro. Thanks.
eskieluvr View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eskieluvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2005 at 9:53am
I've lived in the Fredericksburg area, but new to slugging. This is my second day. My schedule is 9-5, but I couldn't get to the Pentagon metro before 5:30, depending on how good the shuttle from work is running. I'm crossing my fingers that there will be sluggers. I also get free parking at work, so I may just try being a driver. Do you think I'd be able to pick up sluggers that late. My concern is that I'll have to sit in the parking lot we call the interstate for 2.5 hours just trying to get home. Best place for me, however, would be to pick up at Ballston, then Rosslyn, anyone looking to get a ride home from there? Anyone looking for sluggers from there?
SpotsySlugBug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpotsySlugBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2005 at 1:14pm
I'm a newbie too but I hope this helps a little. I leave work at 5:00 and take the Metro to the Pentagon and I get there at 5:25-5:30. There are usually 4-10 of us in line for Rt.3 and it can be a wait (sometimes 15-20 mins.) but so far so good, have gotten a ride everyday. I would think Pentagon would be best so you can get as far as possible down HOV before 6:00. I don't know about Rosslyn lines around that time but hopefully someone more experienced will respond. Kim
eskieluvr View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eskieluvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2005 at 2:18pm
Thanks for the reply. Spoke to the powers that be this morning, and they have agreed to be flexible by 30 mintues on my work schedule. So, if I get in at 8:30 I can leave at 4:30. yay! I just don't want to be too dependent on the shuttle from work that drops off at the Ballston metro.
savannahr1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savannahr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 11:50am
Thanks for all the info. Did my first slugging this morning from Rt 3 lot. Had to wait maybe 10 minutes for a ride and it went smoothly until we got to Woodbridge. A little backup in the HOV lanes that delayed us for about 10 minutes. After that we flew. Worked out well. Thanks again!

Rt 208 would be better for me but I think that lot is only used for vanpools/formal carpools and commuter buses.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic