Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Want to PAY to park in Commuter Lots??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronsray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Want to PAY to park in Commuter Lots??
    Posted: 29 Apr 2005 at 2:51pm
All Slugs & Drivers,

I recently heard a very disturbing rumor that really bothered me. I overheard some talk that mentioned the possibility of us having to PAY to park at the area commuter lots. [:(] Yes, I mean Horner Rd, Old Hechingers, 123, Center Plaza, Stafford County Lots, etc…..

My first reaction was initial disbelief, then anger. But then I thought I’d look into it a little more to see if it was true. So I called my County Supervisor, Marty Nohe, who also sits on the PRTC board.

In speaking with him, I learned that PRTC staff made the suggestion that if we paid a fee ($2.00/day was the amount tossed around the most) then after a few years they might have funds to build more lots ! This idea is now on their table for further discussion. Well, I obviously have a few problems with this.

In speaking with Marty Nohe, he was obviously against this idea. However, we need to express our opinions to all the county supervisors, in both Prince William AND Stafford County.

I requested more information / minutes / etc.. and will post it when I get it.

So what do we do to stop this? Start writing to your County Supervisor. Write to PRTC management. Send this to everyone you know who slugs or picks up riders. Even to those who ride the bus! Lets stop this before it ever begins to sprout wings.

Thanks

Ron
ronsray View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronsray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2005 at 9:13am
Please help fight this!!
Susan-Woodbridge View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan-Woodbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2005 at 10:39am
Ron: I sent an e-mail and got negative responses from Del B. Marshall, Supervisor Caddigan, and Delegate Jeff Frederick. So far, all these people are opposed to it. They have messages into PRTC and are awaiting response. Some didn't even know about it.

Susan
DaVetsAtHome View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaVetsAtHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2005 at 2:10pm
Go to the PWC BOCS meeting tonight. Fight the fight for more lots, everywhere.
ronsray View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronsray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 10:59am
Letter received -------------

Our office has received information regarding parking fees in the commuter lots. This information is from Al Harf, Executive Director of PRTC:

The PRTC Board voted "no" on the question of whether to suggest to VDOT that the paid parking idea be studied (by VDOT). Board members voting "no" were obviously fearful that even being associated with the notion of studying the issue would antagonize commuters. Only the Stafford Board members voted "yes" and they will be revisiting the issue at a meeting of the metropolitan planning organization (called "FAMPO") in the Fredericksburg area (tonight). There is a resolution up for consideration at tonight's FAMPO meeting which, if approved, will ask VDOT to study the feasibility of a paid parking approach to funding parking expansion in the FAMPO portion of the I-95 corridor (i.e., Stafford and locales to the south).[V]

I hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to contact our office if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Laurie A. Cronin
Assistant
Supervisor Corey A. Stewart
Occoquan Magisterial District
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic