Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

dc to 17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dc to 17
    Posted: 05 May 2005 at 1:07pm
Is there an afternoon line from the GSA building to Rt. 17 in stafford? I've seen it's supposeed to be on the east side of the building, but I havent seen anyone there. Is it a line thats being used much?
rale View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2005 at 12:17pm
I don't believe that it ever took off. When it first was supposed to start up, I went out there faithfully (about 4:45pm)thinking it just needed time. I would wait each time for up to 25 minutes before hitting the Metro to go over to the Pentagon. I saw absolutely no one. At the time I remember people posting messages that they wanted to see whether the line took off before they participated. I kept trying to tell folks that if they were all going to wait, then no one is left to participate. Still no one came. I gave up.
wahoowa View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahoowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2005 at 2:45pm
I bet if we didn't have this whole collective action problem again (people not participating because no one else is participating, causing no one to participate at all [:D]) the DC to Rt. 17 line would do pretty well in the afternoons.

Whenever I pick up slugs to Rosslyn or the P'gon at Rt. 17 in the mornings, I've seen multiple riders looking for cars going all the way into the District. So the demand is there.

katiekat3kids View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katiekat3kids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 1:16pm
[:)] I will be moving to Stafford late this summer, I intend to take the 17 slug lines. I am moving from Maryland and this is really new to me, but I have co-workers that love it. I work at 1750 New York Ave (18th & E). Does anyone pick up and/or drop off there? My hours are 8:30am - 4:30pm. Thanks!

Katie Shelton
rale View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 11:26am
wahoowa: I wholeheartedly agree.

katie: The driver destinations at Rt. 17 are quite varied and there are drivers that come by for 18th St in the am, although I would say that there are alot more Pentagon drivers than other destinations (you could always go to the Pentagon and hop the Metro). (As far as the evening pick up at 18th, maybe someone else could respond to that.)
CarlaThinley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarlaThinley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 2:06pm
Katie:
Rt 17 would work fine for you. I just started slugging and it's great. I too work at 14th and New York Ave. but I slug to Pentagon and hop onto the metro.
I am though looking for PM slug line from DC to Rt 17 after 5:30. Are there drivers this late to pick up slugs from DC? Thanks!

Thinley
mikester View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2005 at 2:57pm
Well maybe it'll take off. I'd like 14th St even better, but I'm not sure about that line either.
I've been at the pentagon around 5:30 before, and it seemed like the drivers weren't coming by as much. That's getting close
to the time HOV opens to all traffic
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic