Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rosslyn to Potomac Mills Need Drivers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdatkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rosslyn to Potomac Mills Need Drivers
    Posted: 12 May 2005 at 10:17am
I get to Potomac Mills about 7:30 am every morning, and NEVER have to wait for a ride to Rosslyn.

So why is it that I have to sometimes wait 15 minutes to get a ride back to Potomac Mills in the evening from Rosslyn?

Are some drivers picking up at Potomac Mills in the morning then taking slugs back to Horner in the evening?

I don't understand it.
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 11:31am
I noticed the same thing. I hit P Mills at 7 AM and there's always 5 to 10 cars waiting to take me to Rosslyn. Always.
Yet when I leave at 4, it seems like I always have to wait. I guess most drivers work longer hours than I.....
dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 2:18pm
quote:
Originally posted by carleric
[br]I noticed the same thing. I hit P Mills at 7 AM and there's always 5 to 10 cars waiting to take me to Rosslyn. Always.
Yet when I leave at 4, it seems like I always have to wait. I guess most drivers work longer hours than I.....

Could it be the drivers continue on to DC? Has anyone mentioned that there are benefits to picking up slugs in the afternoon? Would a sample written explanation of two way slugging be in order? Sounds like an imbalance in origin/destination.

dickboyd@aol.com
Rebecca22193 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebecca22193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2005 at 9:40am
There is a simple explanation to this problem. People pick up at Potomac Mills in the morning because there is a smaller line of cars; therefore, they'll get their slugs faster. They pick up at Rosslyn in the evening, too, only this time they're going to Horner Road, because it's a quicker drop off point. The bottom line here is that it's all about the driver's convenience, which we should all be able to understand.

Now here's some advice for those of us slugging back to Potomac Mills at night (where we dropped off our cars in the morning, drivers!). Go to the END of the slug line in Rosslyn. The drivers at that end are much more amenable to taking a slug to Potomac Mills, since they realize it will take them longer to wait for a Horner Road passenger. (whew, hope this helps)

Becky
ohio 7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2005 at 10:41am
I have a course in Ballston in a week and would like to try slugging to Horner from Rosslyn instead of changing trains and continuing on to the Pentagon. I've printed out the directions but am wondering how long it would take to get picked up if I was there around 3:45-4:15?
04elantragtboy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 04elantragtboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2005 at 12:25pm
I'd have to say it depends on the day, I my self get to the Rosslyn line around 3:15 most days and stand there till about 3:40 sometimes, it seems like the popular choice from 3:30-4pm is Horner. I was out there one week around 4:30 and there was 10 cars for potomac and only people going to Hornor.
mizzmaddy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzmaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2005 at 11:24am
I just started slugging from Potomac Mills to Rosslyn a few weeks ago and found that during the AM it's easy to find a ride. But for the most part Monday through Wednesday it's okay to find a ride. For some reason Thursdays and Fridays are long long lines of people and very few cars. I'm thinking my next attempt will be to take the Metro from Rosslyn to Pentagon and get rides from there on Thursdays and Fridays.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic