Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Price of Slugging - Beware of 610

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tri2dc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Price of Slugging - Beware of 610
    Posted: 18 May 2005 at 7:17am
Yesterday on the back row (west side) of the old 610 lot there were four cars that had their windows smashed. I was parked right next to a black PT Cruiser that was missing a drivers side window and the indash navigation system. A few car away was a Red Chevy Tahoe with the passenger side out. I guess I missed the action because my car is old and ugly to have anything a value inside. This morning when the lot was empty you could see where the vehicles were parked. Piles of broken glass and debris were scattered around the back of the lot. Not much you can do I guess. On the dash of the PT Cruiser was a business card of a Stafford County Deputy Sheriff, it said call us to file a report. So sometime before 4:45 PM the county new that their had been some break-in. But when you think about it, if I was a thief I would probably hang out at the commuter lots. Bunch of cars, no security, no people, and no chance of the owners coming back until at least 3 or 4 PM. I guess this is the cost of slugging and the only safety we can expect is in the numbers.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 7:58am
Looks like you 610 parkers might have to start leaving a big, mean and hungry pit bull in your cars during the day to deter thieves. [:(]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 8:40am
That's why I dont keep my CD's or any other tempting items visible in my car. My husband wanted to put rims on our car, I argued to keep it stock. I had my car broken into at 12 in the afternoon while I was at a movie theatre enjoying my day off. Lost everything, never again!

:'}
tri2dc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tri2dc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 8:50am
No

quote:
Originally posted by RoadRunner
[br]Shouldn't these two threads be combined?

http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2264

getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 9:22am
You talking to me? Or tri 2?? My question is, were the break ins in the small side lot of the old lot, or in the large part, towards the school??

:'}
dixeedog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dixeedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 12:59pm
They were ever near that back access road that goes to the school. West side of the old main lot.
wahoowa View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahoowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 2:25pm
One of the advantages of driving an old beat-up car like mine: less risk of being broken into or stolen (unless it's a popular model like the Camry or Accord, which thieves target for parts).

Then again, I've dropped the comprehensive insurance on my car so if it ever were broken into, I'd likely have to pay out of pocket for the repairs.

Don't worry, slugs: my car is perfectly safe for you to ride in, but it just has very high mileage and lots of minor dings/scratches from all the tight parking I've had to do. [:)]
fmcallies View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmcallies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 3:24pm
They ought to do like the LA County Sherrif. They had a "ringer" car set up in a high theft with the keys in it. When the thieve got into the car and drove away, the sherrifs had a remote kill switch that shut down the car and lock the doors. Some of the videos of the thiefs (from inside the car) were priceless. The Sherrif here could set up a similiar sting... just leave the doors unlocked and wait for the fish to swim in.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic