Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clean Fuel Vehicles in HOV Lane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clean Fuel Vehicles in HOV Lane
    Posted: 22 Jan 2002 at 12:04pm
I have been following with interest the introduction of clean fuel vehicles into the HOV system. First, I have no big problem with the powers that be allowing single occupant clean fuels onto the HOV. I am somewhat concerned however that over the long term (5 to 10 years) these things could really impact our HOV lane. There are 2 reasons for the HOV lane 1)reduce TRAFFIC and 2)reduce air pollution. The clean fuels do nothing to reduce traffic. A second point I wanted to make has to do with what qualifies. The Insight and Prius hybrids are ok with me but there is a range of other things showing up. I saw a Ford Taurus "FFV" Flexible Fuel Vehicle with a clean fuel plate. I did some research and learned that this vehicle can burn ethanol mix but it can also burn pure gasoline. Then I found out that there are no ethanol refueling facilities in DC area. So he was burning 100 percent gas and riding in HOV. I contacted DMV and they were very interested and I believe they changed their rules but still not sure.

gg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2002 at 3:25pm
How about motorcycles?

gg
RM View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2002 at 12:42pm
I don't have any problem with the motorcycles in the HOV - there just simply aren't that many of them to make an impact. The clean fuel vehicles, however, are becoming more and more numerous.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic