Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disturbing trend beginning at Rt. 17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2002 at 12:46pm
I always accept it, as do others that I know. There is nothing else to do, HOWEVER, I still believe it is bad form and choose to keep my opinion. I don't think much of those who practice this and nothing anyone says will change that, including that it is listed as acceptable.
Monbe View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2002 at 12:51pm
Just because someone decided it is acceptable, doesn't make it so. I'll respect it because there is no choice plus it isn't worth it to fret over. Just doesn't seem like a major deal now, but I won't agree that it's considerate behavior.
kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2002 at 12:53pm
I wholeheartedly agree...far from acceptable, but as they say..."dems da rules."

K.O.
Margo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2002 at 1:05pm
Kortegel: I've seen that webpage you are referring to and as a driver (3 times a week), and for the record, I never pick someone out of the line just because a website says, well it's OK. I agree with those in the previous discussion on this - Can I Reject a Rider? -who said that it wouldn't even occur to them to do so. Also - I like your transmissions. Please don't let that grouch Stafford have any impact. From my point of view, he's the one who has "deaf ears" and I wouldn't want someone with his attitude in my car - geez, just his transmissions give me a headache. You on the other hand are welcome in my car any day!
kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2002 at 1:10pm
Thank you Margo...your words are very kind, and I would readily accept a ride from you (maybe I have?). I thought about keeping my messages up there for all to see, but I'd rather just do the noble thing and retract my previous statements. I like to think that I did achieve one thing...the banter back and forth shows that people are split on the issue, and there seems to actually be more against this practice than for. To me it goes against the system to allow "will call", but maybe over time it will change. Glad to hear I have a fan...thanks again.

K.O.
Tilmer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tilmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2002 at 1:10pm
Good grief. The guy was kidding. Lighten up.

quote:

What’s the definition of regular???? Once a week, twice?? This is a never ending subject. The "friends" that I see do not get there at a regular basis, therefore we can not establish a regular carpool and we depart at different times in the afternoon. I tend to agree with the writer that said the system has been running for quite a while and this will not "break" the system. I read with interest the writer who wanted to throw eggs at HOV violators. Great way to start something that will lead to violence. Is that where this is heading?

Pauwo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2002 at 1:20pm

STAFFORD: Kortegel did not post 50 messages on the same topic, and even if he had, so what? You overstate the issue. Instead of Kortegel describing himself, as you requested, why don't you describe yourself so we can avoid YOU. To put it mildly, you don't seem very pleasant. I drive and ride and I find your attitude - ugly.

quote:
FROM STAFFORD.
kortegel...I assume you ride from the Rt. 17 lot. I pick up slugs from there. Please tell me what you look like....to make sure that I don't pick you up, even if you are in the front of the line. You have posted over 50 times here...trying to tell me and every other driver that we do not have the right to pick someone out of the line, if we see someone that we know and are comfortable with. It is our cars, we're paying for gas, and we're giving you a free ride. I am surprised how much you complain. Obviously no one has picked you out of the line to ride with them. This is the last I'm posting on this topic. I am obviously falling on deaf ears.

Joma View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2002 at 1:26pm
Stafford: Do whatever you want, but do us a favor and keep your word by not posting on this subject again. You might consider not picking up slugs until you take care of that little aggression problem you have. Just because you have a car, doesn't mean you're wanted.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic