Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPUBLIC MEETINGS ON HOT LANES

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PUBLIC MEETINGS ON HOT LANES
    Posted: 23 May 2005 at 11:28am
Mark you calendars!

Attend Pulic Hearings on I95-395 HOT Lane proposals!

Schedule
http://www.virginiadot.org/projects/ppta-I-95_I-395HOTLanesAP.asp

The Advisory Panel will conduct four (4) meetings concerning the review of the I-95/395 HOT Lanes PPTA proposals. The meeting schedule is the following. All meetings will begin at 7:00 p.m. and will be televised on the county's cable network.

July 12, 2005
Stafford County Board
of Supervisors Chambers
1300 Courthouse Road
Stafford, Virginia 22555

July 26, 2005
Arlington County Board
of Supervisors Meeting Room
2100 Clarendon Boulevard
Arlington, Virginia 22201

September 14, 2005
Prince William County Board
of Supervisors Meeting Room
McCoart Administrative Building
1 County Complex Court
Prince William, Virginia 22192
NOTE: The September 14 meeting is planned for public comments.

October 11, 2005
Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Meeting Room
12000 Government Center Parkway
Fairfax, Virginia 22035

MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2005 at 3:18pm
This was sent to a list of people, not only to me.

edit: Michelle McQuigg is a Virginia House of Delegates rep from PW county.
===================

Michele McQuigg wrote:
I received an e-mail that stated that HOV may end based on an quote from Mr. Kirby. I have learned the following:

Mr. Kirby's comments were about the I-495 HOT lanes. Keep in mind that there are no HOV lanes on I-495 now nor were there any funded in the six year plan for future construction. I-95/395 is a different proposal with the use of existing HOV lanes in addition to expanding the capacity both in the length and in the width of the roadway. I believe that the written proposals by both teams are instructive.

Clark's Conceptual Proposal: Tab 3: page 5

"Toll Collection. Tolls are assumed to be collected from all vehicles with fewer than 3

occupants that choose to use the tolled lanes. Vehicles with three or more occupants are assumed to continue to ride for free at all times."

Fluor's Conceptual Proposal: Tab 2: page 2-5

"The I-95/395 Bus Rapid Transitway will be toll-free for transit vehicles, and carpools and vanpools with a minimum of three occupants. Those vehicles with fewer than three occupants will be able to make use of the lanes by paying a toll."

Please note that the public comment meeting will be on September 14th at 7:00pm in the Prince William County supervisors Board Room.
Best Wishes,
Michele
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 12:23pm
Yes, I was the author of the email to which she responds. Regular readers of this site will know that in Michele McQuigg we have another public official who is operating without the full picture. I drafted an extensive response to Michele inviting her to join us in opposing the toll roads. Clearly she understands how vital HOV is in maintaining the viability of our transportation system, and I hope she will support our efforts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic