Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOV Extension along 95

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOV Extension along 95
    Posted: 29 Jul 2002 at 1:40pm
Does anyone out there know if the HOV lanes are going to be extended beyond RT 610?? Seems like it is getting worse each day. I know that DOT conducted a study but had not heard of any results. Lots of rumors out there!

Patricia View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patricia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2002 at 3:20pm
I would love to know when HOV will be extended as well. I'm moving to stafford in September and have noticed that the traffic seems to be getting worse everytime I travel the highway during rush hours.
I'd like to see the study results to.

Patricia
Stafford/610
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2002 at 7:18pm
I looked around on the virginiadot.org website and I found a report in PDF of of study that was published earlier this year. It is a study of the potential to extend the HOV lanes to Fredericksburg.

I haven't read it yet but it looks interesting (45 pages)

http://virginiadot.org/projects/Resources/I95-Hov-FeasStudyRpt.PDF

tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2002 at 10:02am
I think a lot of the construction projects have been put on hold as a result of the current budget shortfall. So it's hard to tell if, or when, construction will occur.

tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2002 at 10:32am
quote:

I looked around on the virginiadot.org website and I found a report in PDF of of study that was published earlier this year. It is a study of the potential to extend the HOV lanes to Fredericksburg.

I haven't read it yet but it looks interesting (45 pages)

http://virginiadot.org/projects/Resources/I95-Hov-FeasStudyRpt.PDF

Bob
I read part of that report...could not get through it without falling asleep. Looks like they want to propose the extension but did not see anything that talked about time. Looks like we can only hold our collective breath!

Patricia View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patricia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2002 at 1:00pm
Mr. Loren W. Epton, Jr.
District Traffic Engineer
14685 Avion Parkway
Chantilly, Virginia 20151-1104
(703) 383-2404
Loren.Epton@VirginiaDOT.org

I sent an email to the above individual this morning lodging my complaint about the traffic congestion at the end of southbound HOV and requesting info on plans for extention of the lanes. Maybe we could bombard him with emails about the congestion, expanding HOV times and other subjects that would assist with the traffic problems.

Patricia
Stafford/610

Patricia
Stafford/610
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic