Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Potomac Mills In the PM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugginGator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Potomac Mills In the PM
    Posted: 07 Jun 2005 at 7:10am
Where's the best place to get Potomac Mills back in the PM? I work in the 14th St. area but am willing to go anywhere in a reasonable distance to get Potomac Mills back. Is the lack of Potomac Mills as a destination in the afternoon due to drivers wanting to get the more abundant Horner Rd. slugs?
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2005 at 8:13am
I do think that's it, yes. I slug from Potomac Mills to Rosslyn and there are always plenty of cars in the morning, but catching a ride back in the evening can be troublesome. We have discussed it with other riders and some drivers and come to the conclusion that many PM morning drivers do their return drives through Horner,

All I can say is: Please, for the good of the community as a whole, if you are able, please take riders in the evening to the same place you got them in the morning.
SlugginGator View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugginGator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2005 at 8:17am
I get this feeling that drivers will pull up to popular pickup sites in DC such as 14th and NY or 14th and Commerce with the intention of stating Potomac Mills as their destination, but then they realize that they have a higher probability of meeting the HOV-3 requirement by just simplying saying Horner Rd.
Also, I feel like sluggers needing Potomac Mills settle for Horner Rd. Should we establish a separate Potomac Mills line and hold out a sign until the Potomac Mills destination is established again as a PM destination from popular places like Rosslyn and 14th and NY?
Drivers and slugs alike, speak up! [:)]
koakui View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2005 at 3:13pm
There already is a sep. line for Potomac at 14th & NY in the evenings. Its been there since sometime last year. Works great too.
SlugginGator View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugginGator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2005 at 5:38pm
quote:
Originally posted by koakui
[br]There already is a sep. line for Potomac at 14th & NY in the evenings. Its been there since sometime last year. Works great too.

Where does this slug line form? I was told that Horner and Potomac Mills share the same line (in front of Cingular Wireless or thereabouts). Please let me know, thanks!
koakui View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 3:58pm
Its right next to the Horner line, in between Bob's and Horner. A lot of people still carry signs for Potomac because the line isn't long usually - max I've seen it is about 15 people. It moves pretty fast so sometimes it empties out as early as 5:30 p.m.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic