Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slug-Lines.com Partners with FlexCar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slug-Lines.com Partners with FlexCar
    Posted: 01 Aug 2002 at 6:14am
Slugs: It is extremely rare that Slugs get any recognition or consideration as a viable form of commuting. That's why I am excited about the new partnership with FlexCar.com. Effective August 1st, Slug-Lines.com is partnering with Flexcar, the nation’s premier car sharing program, to address two of the possible weaknesses of slugging: what if I need a car during the day, and how do I get home if I work late?

Why am I endorsing FlexCar? Well, because I really believe it is a perfect fit for Sluggers and it can make Slugging even better. What FlexCar does for slugs is provide us with a sort of "get home insurance." Slugging is great and has saved me literally thousands of dollars in commuting cost, but I have gotten stranded twice when I had to work very late. I had two choices: sleep at the office or call the spouse. I chose the latter but then the kids had to be loaded in the car...a real pain for the whole family. If I had known and become a member of FlexCar that would not have been a problem.

Another advantage is no monthly membership fees. Aside from just getting to work faster and easier, I slug because I'm pretty much a tight wade. I like saving money but I also don't want to get stranded either. The $20 one-time membership fee ($5 discount for Slug) was, what I thought, a perfect fit for thrifty slugs.

Anyway, I wanted to get the word out on FlexCar. You can see more information at: www.slug-lines.com/flexcar.asp

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic