Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fair Oaks/Fair Lakes to Orange Line or Downtown
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fair Oaks/Fair Lakes to Orange Line or Downtown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fair Oaks/Fair Lakes to Orange Line or Downtown
    Posted: 26 Jun 2005 at 10:51pm
New to slugging. Please let me know if there are any slug lines out this way or if anybody passes through this area on their way into DC and needs an extra passenger.
shep View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2005 at 1:56pm
I'm in a 2 person carpool - Fair Lakes to DC (around Foggy Bottom/Dupont Circle area). We meet at 7am, into DC before 8 (in by 7:30 in the summer). Leave DC around 4:45, home by 5:20. Interested?
NDomer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2005 at 2:11pm
let me check my work schedule b/c people in my office usually work later; thanks for the reply and I'll get back to you (wow, you get back much quicker than I do!)
FairOaksResident View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FairOaksResident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2006 at 9:02pm
quote:
Originally posted by NDomer
[br]let me check my work schedule b/c people in my office usually work later; thanks for the reply and I'll get back to you (wow, you get back much quicker than I do!)

Hi, Did you work out a carpool? DO you need another one to join ? I live in fair lakes/fair oaks and work in SW, DC. Let me know if you may be interested. Thanks
ddddave View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddddave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2006 at 9:06am
I am a new member of this site. I would be interested in slugging from Fair Lakes to DC. I am really surprised to find so much activity to the South but little or nothing out I-66 and US 50.
darkprime View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkprime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2006 at 4:18pm
That's because HOV doesn't work well on 66 (inside teh beltway). You can blame that on the requirement of only HOV2 and more importantly the HOV lanes aren't seperated physically from the main lanes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic