Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Etiquette Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2005 at 3:48pm
quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze
[br]"I'll give you a real life example of how "I want to ride in THAT car" affects the dynamics of the line. I was slugging from Rosslyn to 610 and was fourth (of four people) in line. Two cars pull up and I immediately move toward the second car. The other three people all began piling in the first car. When I suggested we ride two slugs to each car I got a response "We want to ride together". Off they went and I sat in the car with the other driver (who was quite disgusted) for about 5 minutes before another slug came along.

I don't believe that the free style approach is a healthy thing for slugging. I think you should get in the first car in line unless there is some good reason you don't want to get in there,"...

So, thats not saying that we all have to follow protocol of, three per car, because you didnt want to wait?

Learn how to read, dimwit. It was the driver who was disgusted at the selfishness of the people who wanted to all pile in one car. Are you seriously claiming that they SHOULD have all piled into the first car and left the second driver waiting when going two and two would have gotten both cars on the road? Surely even a selfish oaf like you must admit that they dissed that driver.

quote:
WOW! A round of applause for you, aren’t we the martyr. All I was saying is that we commute, TOGETHER. In one car. Whether that means, waiting for a car that NEEDS two, or seeing if a driver, will TAKE TWO. So sorry, you didn’t comprehend that, the first time. I was listing examples of what someone, like yourself, since you think that I am so damned selfish, might say next. No, I am not selfish, or abusing the system, or juvenile, because I choose to ride home with the person that lives in the same house as me. It must really suck, being, well, YOU. Like I said, piss off. Have a nice day now.

:'}

Martyr? I don't think so - just a person who isn't totally fixated on his own instant gratification. It does not surprise me that you would interpret any unselfish act as one of martyrdom, since the concept seems so utterly foreign to you.

I fully comprehended every word that you wrote. Remember that it was YOU who got all defensive and flew off the handle and claimed that I wanted you and your husband to ride in separate cars. I had no previous knowlege of your behaviour whatsoever, nor did I particularly care. For that matter I don't think you should have to ride separately if circumstances allow you to ride together. Why would I care?
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2005 at 8:15am
Then why are you name calling? I was writing my opinion, that stemmed from what you wrote, unfortunately, I must have hit you at a bad moment,, I dont think Ive seen you so damn nasty. I am done discussing this with you, have a nice day.

mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2005 at 12:05pm
quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze
[br]Then why are you name calling? I was writing my opinion, that stemmed from what you wrote, unfortunately, I must have hit you at a bad moment,, I dont think Ive seen you so damn nasty. I am done discussing this with you, have a nice day.

Name calling was also started by YOU. Remember? "As an answer to both of you fools..." That's three times in this thread you have done something and then attributed it to someone else. Do you have a short-term memory problem? I guess this discussion has gone about as far as it can. See ya. Happy slugging.
AveMaria View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AveMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2005 at 12:18pm
ENUF ALREADY!!!

All of you ADULTS really need to take a deep breath and relax!! Sometimes one has to agree to disagree and MOVE ON!!!

As for the KIDS here: Isn't one of your favorite shows MTV, VH1 Hits or Blue's Clues on right now? Let's say you grab the remote and turn off the 'puter NOW!!

It's always the same ole folks creating havoc on this website. Knowing this, why do you guys bite the contoversial bait they throw out?
Sticky Bandaid View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sticky Bandaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2005 at 2:12pm
How long a minute is depends on which side of the bathroom door you're on.
gmugrad View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmugrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2005 at 9:51am
How late where you and how late was it in the morning. When it is reaching 8:30 I might consider doing it too. Also did the person call out two locations? For example if you are going to roslyn and the driver calls pentagon, crystal city, or roslyn, I will usually keep walking because I am not sure if we will be driving all over northern VA before we get to rosslyn.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic