Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHOT Networks: Bob Poole

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOT Networks: Bob Poole
    Posted: 08 Jul 2005 at 11:03pm
In a message dated 7/8/2005 12:11:16 PM Pacific Standard Time, korski@verizon.net writes:
Two and a half years ago, my colleague Bob Poole, and I published a study entitled "HOT Networks: A New Plan for Congestion Relief and Better Transit." (Reason Public Policy Institute, Policy Study 305, February 2003).

As I understand the implementation, toll prices will be set high enough to ensure free flow (something north of $20 per hour saved) with some of the toll money used to pay people to ride the buses. Buses which will take considerably longer travel times.

If the policy is to pay passengers, why add more seats? Fill some of the seats in the cars of the drive alones by paying people to become passengers in the cars being tolled. Don't add more seats when there is a surplus of empty seats going begging.

What is your understanding of the operation of the reversible lanes of Shirley Highway?

Dick Boyd Purveyor of Fine Angelic Cherubs

dickboyd@aol.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic