Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rosslyn line: Note to drivers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rosslyn line: Note to drivers
    Posted: 12 Aug 2002 at 2:59pm
Drivers: PLEASE... close up the gaps and stay as far right as possible. Do your best to ensure non-slugline traffic can get by on the left. I realize that by closing up the gaps you run the risk of getting your third rider and having to maneuver a bit to get on your way. But the slug line shares that access road with people who work in 1901/1911 N. Ft. Myer and who use the parking deck. The other day as I was walking around to the line, I noticed one car that was away from the right curb by just enough that traffic couldn't get by. That person responded to my polite suggestion, and a number of cars were able to squeeze by and get on their way. A fellow a bit farther up the line had left the better part of a car length in front of him and got very rude when I suggested closing the gap.

Folks, Arlington County giveth and Arlington County can taketh away. It is important that we be pose the minimum possible disruption, not just for ourselves, but also because it's the polite thing to do. Just think how you'd feel if you were just leaving work and faced a line of stopped cars before you even really get out into the normal traffic.

- Eric.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic