Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fredericksburg Route 3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arkiva divah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fredericksburg Route 3
    Posted: 20 Jul 2005 at 8:20am
I am moving to Fredericksburg. Can I expect to get a ride in the a.m. from the Route 3 commuter lot to the Pentagon? And what about the afternoon return? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. If that's not the best location for slugging to D.C. what would you recommend?
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2005 at 8:47am
Divah,

You've picked a very active choice for both ending and starting your slug commute. You'll do fine as long as you stay near the times when slugs do their best at catching rides.

Enjoy the slugging adventure! A different car to ride in everyday (like a test ride). New and interesting people to meet. A scenic drive along 95. What more could you ask for?

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
aguarino View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aguarino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2005 at 4:02pm
NoSb,

I am also new to Fredericksburg (this month). I work at the Navy Yard. I have two questions:
I know that I will need to slug to the Pentagon, however, what is the recommended time to slug from RT 3 in the morning. You know, in order to catch a ride, and secondly, what is the normal return trip time at the Pentagon? Appreciate the feed back.
dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2005 at 4:28pm
quote:
Originally posted by aguarino
[br]NoSb,

I am also new to Fredericksburg (this month). I work at the Navy Yard. I have two questions:
I know that I will need to slug to the Pentagon, however, what is the recommended time to slug from RT 3 in the morning. You know, in order to catch a ride, and secondly, what is the normal return trip time at the Pentagon? Appreciate the feed back.

Navy Yard? http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eslug/

dickboyd@aol.com
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2005 at 4:36pm
Nice Dick. Didn't know that existed. Good answer!

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2005 at 8:21am
I drive, and have picked up slugs at Rt3 anywhere between 0430 and 0745.

As you might guess, the prime times are during the HOV restrictions. For example, if I hit the rt3 lot at 0545, the restrictions will be in effect by the time I get to the HOV. If I go a lot earlier than that, the HOV is crowded with all the folks trying to beat the restriction. If I arrive much after 0730, I may have to wait a few minutes for a slug, but there are many drivers at that time.

In the afternoon, I pick up from the Pentagon right up to 1755, as that 5 minutes may make all the difference in the world.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic