Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pentagon Rt 17 Line to FREDERICKSBURG

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max_28756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pentagon Rt 17 Line to FREDERICKSBURG
    Posted: 20 Jul 2005 at 11:38am
Drivers,
This is a campaign asking more of you to pick up slugs from the Pentagon Rt 17 line going to FREDERICKSBURG. The sign says Stafford but our commuter lot is the closest to I95, just off exit 133 in FREDERICKSBURG. It is much closer to I95 than the Rt 3 Gordon Rd stop (which is miles away from I95) and easier to get to than either stop for 610.
There are always SLUGS available at the Rt 17 FREDERICKSBURG Pentagon stop. Stop on by, and give us a try! [:)]
eskieluvr View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eskieluvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2005 at 2:52pm
Yeah, but driving in and out of the Pentagon sucks. If I have to drive to the Pentagon, I get 17 slugs because I don't want to contribute to the Pentagon sluggers who should be over in Rosslyn. I drop off 3 people from rt 3 each and every day at Rosslyn and other drivers report the same, however, there are few sluggers slugging back from Rosslyn because they're all at the Pentagon. Driving through the Pentagon sucks. So, to sluggers in the fredericksburg line, don't assume that because I have a purple sticker I'm picking you up. Don't get your stuff and grab for the door, because I'm getting someone else.

But, it is easier to drop off at 610 than it is at 17 IMHO.
SpotsySlugBug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpotsySlugBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2005 at 4:53pm
eskieluvr, I have gone to Rosslyn twice and could not get a ride home and had to hop back on the metro to the Pentagon. It would actually be closer for me to get picked up at Rosslyn but if there's no drivers, have to go to Pentagon anyway for ride there or bus ride home and I know I am not the only one. There are plenty of purple stickers driving past us Rt.3 folks every day, so what. get over yourself eskie...save the hostility for fredtalk. geez. [V]
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2005 at 8:27pm
That's pretty mercenary there Max. I like the Rt3 lot since I live of Gordon Rd. Also you fail to mention how hard it is to get off and back onto 95 in the afternoons.

Of course, if you can get Rt 17 slugs to hold up signs saying "I don't slam doors", maybe we can work something out.
eskieluvr View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eskieluvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2005 at 9:11pm
quote:
Originally posted by SpotsySlugBug
[br]eskieluvr, I have gone to Rosslyn twice and could not get a ride home and had to hop back on the metro to the Pentagon. It would actually be closer for me to get picked up at Rosslyn but if there's no drivers, have to go to Pentagon anyway for ride there or bus ride home and I know I am not the only one. There are plenty of purple stickers driving past us Rt.3 folks every day, so what. get over yourself eskie...save the hostility for fredtalk. geez. [V]

twice! wow. there are drivers, of course there are. ive sat there for 30 minutes waiting on riders.

so, add one more purple sticker driving past ya. i live a 1/4 mile from the rt 3 lot. and please don't assume to bring another board to this, how infantile. where you see hostility is plain fact. now there's just 1 more purple sticker driving past your sweaty, hot self.
stand out in the heat at the pentagon, i don't care. it continues to be the most terrible place to get in and out of, but if everyone is afraid to meet at rosslyn, then it won't work. period. and pass the so what on to your fellow sluggers who grab for my door when i'm waiting behind a car for 610 or 17 riders.
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 9:01am
eskieluvr-I have an eskie too!! Aren't they the best?? :-) Nice to see another eskie parent, not too many of us around, I've noticed.

*And now, back to your regularly scheduled slug talk...sorry for the interruption*
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpotsySlugBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 10:15am
Eskieluvr, some of the morning Rt. 3 drivers people pick up at Rt. 17 and also 610 in the evening because they have kids to pick up, night classes, etc. in the evening. When I drive, I don't always go straight home. Which line I pick up from depends on where I am going, not because of some expectation that people should get picked up where they are dropped off. Geez, so, you only live 1/4 mile from the Rt.3 lot and you choose to go out of your way, deal with getting off and back on 95 when you are going straight home? Why not try to promote Rosslyn as Max_28756 is trying to do with Rt. 17? It could make your day a little shorter and maybe less stressful. The negativity, name calling and downright hostitlity between drivers/slugs seems to be getting out of hand. Must be the heat. Lets all agree to disagree, but no battles here, no need to be so defensive, all just opinions here, some stronger than others, but lets leave it at that.
Max_28756 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max_28756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 11:39am
I don't want to start any fighting, I'm just tired of watching cars I saw in the morning picking up at Rt 17, picking up in the evening at Rt 610. Jealousy is the main driving point. I wish our line moved as quickly as both 610 lines. Then there are the times somebody will drive up to the Rt 3 line and ask how to do this slugging thing because they are driving to Richmond. Of course the Rt 3 people tell them how easy it is to get to the lot and back onto the highway. Of course, we Rt 17 slugs always have a good laugh knowing how far down Rt 3 the poor soul has to go.
The perfect world would have plenty of drivers and plenty of slugs at a constant flow. Blah, Blah, Blah.... my next step is changing the 610 signs to read Springfield....ha ha ha.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpotsySlugBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 12:03pm
yeah, jealousy is a wasted emotion [;)] 610 has a constant flow drivers/slugs all the time. rt.3 is the closest to me but the lines are getting longer and longer (morning/evening) with less and less drivers. only those that live close by will pick up at rt.3 which makes perfectly good sense. wouldn't expect people to drive 15 mins. out of their way. as for rt.3 the thought of getting stranded with no backup is not a thought I like entertaining, so that is a definite plus for Rt. 17....its sounding better and better to me all the time [:D]
Max_28756 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max_28756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 3:23pm
Time to bring this back to the top. Smiling happy faces waiting for rides!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic