Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slugging to/from Stafford to DC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuvKasey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slugging to/from Stafford to DC
    Posted: 27 Aug 2002 at 10:08am
I'm considering moving to Stafford (off of Garrisonville Rd.) and was wondering about how long it takes to slug from Stafford to DC. I would be going to 18th Street. Is there actually a line for 18th Street? How long does it take in the afternoon to get home? I heard that Rosslyn is a good place to slug from in the afternoons. Thanks!!

tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2002 at 8:16am
I used to slug out of 610 a lot a little while back. There used to be one line and you waited for your location to be announced. Drivers seemed to be going to all points. It appears that there are two lines now but do not know how they work or interact. I now go out of 17 for many reasons. 610 just became too crowded and difficult to get into and out of. Same type of system, one line and riders and drivers go to all points. Good luck!

610_Slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610_Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2002 at 7:48am
Hi Kasey,

I slug from 610 (to L'Enfant Plaza) and will try and answer your questions. There are two slug lines at the 610 commuter lot. The one by the bus stop goes to the Pentagon, Crystal City, Rosslyn. The slug line for D.C. is located at the back of the commuter lot. 18th Street is a pretty popular destination, so you should have no problem getting a ride there. As far as coming back, there are at least three options that I know of, mattering where you want to leave from...the Pentagon is a sure thing, 14th Street, Rosslyn...since I go out of L'Enfant in the afternoon, I can't tell you how long it takes to get a ride from these other places. I heard that 14th street is very popular.

As far as commute time...depending on traffic, around an hour on the way in (usually less), maybe a little more on the way back. From the Pentagon or L'Enfant Plaza, it's under an hour each way...except for a holiday weekend and some Fridays...get ready to spend lots of time in the car on the way home because of the traffic.

Hope this helps.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic