Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to pick up at Horner for L'enfant?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HybridDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to pick up at Horner for L'enfant?
    Posted: 26 Jul 2005 at 10:48am
I tried to pick up slugs at Horner Road this morning going to L’Enfant. What a worthless experience! I saw a line of people and they told me that I needed to go further down. So I did. I waited for an hour while slugs got into cars behind me that came with two people. Ultimately, I drove alone in the HOV lanes at 9 after running my a/c for an hour idling.

When I checked the board when I got in, it appears that we were all losers today. The people who told me where to wait told me to wait in the wrong place. So did the driver in the car in front. At least according to the map posted here.

So, where exactly do you slugs want to be picked up at Horner Road going to L’Enfant?

--------
2005 Honda Civic Hybrid
Funny, I've never been in a motorcycle only traffic jam!
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2005 at 11:33am
Being a little more prepared before going to a new lot and trying to find slugs for the first time may have made your experiance a little less stressful...maybe the experience wasnt worthless, but the driver
HybridDriver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HybridDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2005 at 11:50am
My point is that the people in the 18th & K and L'Enfant line told me to wait in the wrong place. I wasn't going to argue with people who do this all the time...maybe I should have.

--------
2005 Honda Civic Hybrid
gtivr6ps View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtivr6ps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2005 at 1:26pm
I personally think that the L'Enfant, Navyard, and every stop along 14th street line at Horner rode is getting a little long. L'Enfant and Navyyard should be seperated from the 14th street line. Whenever I have to ride in I see the line and it almost makes me reconsider slugging in for that morning. Now I have learned that 90 percent of the people waiting in line are for 14th street I see how someone new might get overwhemled by the amount of people standing in line and in turn would decide not to slug.

Just my 2 pennies
ohio 7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 9:53am
Originally posted by HybridDriver
[br]I tried to pick up slugs at Horner Road this morning going to L’Enfant. What a worthless experience! I saw a line of people and they told me that I needed to go further down. So I did. I waited for an hour while slugs got into cars behind me that came with two people. Ultimately, I drove alone in the HOV lanes at 9 after running my a/c for an hour idling.

When I checked the board when I got in, it appears that we were all losers today. The people who told me where to wait told me to wait in the wrong place. So did the driver in the car in front. At least according to the map posted here.

So, where exactly do you slugs want to be picked up at Horner Road going to L’Enfant?

--------
2005 Honda Civic Hybrid

WOW!! You had a hybrid and still wanted to pick us up!! Good for you but it's hard to believe that one would wait for an hour when you didn't really need any one at all. At some point either you should have asked or those in line should have told you that you were in the wrong place. Shame on those slugs for allowing you to just sit there blocking access for others IN the right line.

At Horner just this week a guy was in the 14th St. line and wanted 18th St. and amazingly the "caller" just walked back to the line and didn't tell him that he was in the wrong line!! [?] I was about 8 back in line and asked someone closer to tell the poor guy where he should be. It's scary to think that most of these folks have responsible jobs with the government (Hope they aren't the clueless engineers/designers who STILL have not fixed the falling tile syndrom of our shuttles). [xx(]

Commom sense, folks, common sense.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic