Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - beginner slug - HELP with Spingfield slug lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

beginner slug - HELP with Spingfield slug lines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote springfieldslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: beginner slug - HELP with Spingfield slug lines
    Posted: 31 Jul 2005 at 12:50pm
Hi All,

I'm desperately looking for reliable slug lines in Springfield (ideally the one on Huntsman or the Sydenstricker Commuter Lot) that go to Rosslyn (or Pentagon, etc.). I have to be at work, in Rosslyn, by 9 am, and would like to leave Rosslyn around 5:30pm. Is this at all possible? I went to the Gambrill Rd line a couple of weeks ago around 8:15, and didn't see a single car. Please help!

Forever grateful,

Im
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 6:47am
S'slug,
You're a bit late for the Sydenstricker slug line since it's busiest between 6 and about 7:30 in the morning. Gambrill Road slug line just hasn't taken off yet - it's unreliable at any time. [:(]
I think your best bet would be try one of the Old Keene Mill Road slug lines that goes to the Pentagon -- either the Rolling Valley Mall Commuter Lot or Daventry. [;)]

Keep on sluggin'
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 12:08pm
I'm not familiar with the Springfield slug lines at all. Sorry.
lvalleburke View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lvalleburke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 2:31pm
S'fd Slug, you best bet would be to go with the Daventry slug-line, it close to Huntsman and easier access onto Old Keene Mill to get to 95.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 7:08am
You might consider Rolling Valley. Parking is available at that time and it has drivers going to both Rosslyn and the Pentagon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic