Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vehicle Cleanliness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vehicle Cleanliness
    Posted: 29 Aug 2002 at 9:53am
I am so offended when I get into a persons vehicle and it is so dirty that I am afraid to move while I am in the car. I take time to present myself very neat and clean before I leave home and I shouldnt have to brush myself off once I get out of a car. I would like to know how I can put a description of the persons car out there for everyone to be aware of. He had a child seat in the back that I wouldnt put a dog in, with all kinds of things in the seat and dirt from a planter in the seat. It looked like someone walked in mud and then walked on the back seat with the same shoes on and thats where I had to sit with black pants on. Maybe if he doesnt get any riders he will clean the inside of his car. I will pass him up the next time I see him in line. A very nice blue BMW until you get inside.

Slug Cheri View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slug Cheri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2002 at 1:35pm
I agree with you that it's nasty but unfortunately we can't dictate how someone lives - it is a free ride after all. It is your perogative to pass his offered ride to the next in line. I have done this before but not before I'd told the people behind me why so that they too could make an educated decision. It's very effective unless the line of people is long or the weather undesireable. Then, if the driver notices the snubs, he may ask why. Good chance that might not ever happen in our life time but the satisfaction of causing the turn-downs from numerous slugs is so gratifying.

kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2002 at 1:10pm
You can spread the word by posting a specific message in this forum just like you did. This is probably the best way to spread the word about drivers and riders who have one defect or another.

My horror story was when I got into an SUV in which the driver apparently owned a dog with white long hair because not only was it all over the backseat, but it was also all over the towels that they had spread across the seats to cover the hair on the seats themselves. Yick! I probably looked like Chewbacca from the back when I got out of the car at the Pentagon...and it took about 10 lint sheets to get it all off. Thank God for lint rollers!

K.O.
tbell511 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbell511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2002 at 1:29pm
quote:

I am so offended when I get into a persons vehicle and it is so dirty that I am afraid to move while I am in the car. I take time to present myself very neat and clean before I leave home and I shouldnt have to brush myself off once I get out of a car. I would like to know how I can put a description of the persons car out there for everyone to be aware of. He had a child seat in the back that I wouldnt put a dog in, with all kinds of things in the seat and dirt from a planter in the seat. It looked like someone walked in mud and then walked on the back seat with the same shoes on and thats where I had to sit with black pants on. Maybe if he doesnt get any riders he will clean the inside of his car. I will pass him up the next time I see him in line. A very nice blue BMW until you get inside.

Well you are better then I , when I open the car door and nastyness greets me I immediately tell the driver no thanks. I buy tokens just in case people you forget they need us just as much as we need them. if they don't clean the cars they gets no rider, and I do spread the word on those drivers.

TBell
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic