Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SLUGS NEEDED AT POTOMAC TO PENTAGON

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SLUGS NEEDED AT POTOMAC TO PENTAGON
    Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 3:29pm
Can we get some more slugs in the morning going to the Pentagon over at Potomac Mills? That would be great. There is the need for riders and lots of drivers. Please come.[:I]
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2005 at 9:59am
Pentagon drivers can always pick up some Crystal City slugs instead of sitting in a line of cars waiting...that irks me.

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2005 at 3:14pm
That would be nice but the lines are literally clear across the other side. I don't know why they put Pentagon all by itself on the other side. You can't tell if there are riders waiting for Crystal City or anywhere else for that matter where the Pentagon line is. That is what irks me. I don't want to get out of line at Pentagon, go get in line in Crystal City, only to be put at the back with no riders. Incidentally, there aren't many riders going to CC either at that lot from what I've been told.
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2005 at 3:46pm
I totally agree it's dumb how the lines are set up at PM, if anything the DC line should swap with the Pentagon line. It is sorta out of the way to drop off at CC if you're at Pentagon, but I think the amount of time you wait balances out driving the extra distance. Lots of Rosslyn folks will pick up CC slugs when desperate (hence why our lines are merged?), and that's even farther of a drive. I've suggested rearranging the slug lines in the past but to no avail, old habits are hard to break.

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
SlgDriver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlgDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 9:26am
The riders for Pentagon come in waves. from 7- 7:15 it's all riders, then around 7:30 a host of cars arrive and then the riders slowly trickle in 1-2 at a time. Then there is a quick 8:00 rush of riders who really don't need to be in until around 9 or so. I've been using PM since June and gotten there anywhere between 7 and 7:45 and this is what I have noticed. Fridays also tend to be light on riders so if you need to get a rider get there early on that day.

I do agree about not being able to see the CC line clearly. Many times I've been car #8 in the Pentagon line and been tempted to check the other but saw cars coming for my line and didn't want to lose my spot.

"I'm Charlotte Taylor Wilson. I'm with the People's Independence Committee".
"Don Diego Vega. I'm with the greedy bloodsuckers." ~Zorro
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic