Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Respect for pick up cars...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Rude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Respect for pick up cars...
    Posted: 23 Aug 2005 at 8:25am
I had the opportunity to be cut off by a Ms. "Anne" or "Anna" (License VA-ZHJ-3159 Toyota Camry). Apparently, she parks close to the Potomac Mills/Horner Road slug line at the Pentagon and calls people out standing at the slug line instead of getting in line like the rest of us abiding the rules of slugging. She didn't think anyone was going to acknowledge her doing this, but that is not in my nature to see something wrong and let it go. So, I proceeded to let her know how I felt about her actions. What her action caused, I hope people on this site take notice of her vehicle and watch out for her vehicle. As for the two passengers that got in her car, I know what they look like and will not provide them a ride in the future. They can go stand in the parking lot and look for a ride if they choose not to play by the rules established.
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2005 at 10:19am
Yes, we are ALL better off when everyone plays by the same rules. I've seen drivers (and riders) cheat, justifying it by saying "well, I was in a hurry that day" but that's compelling enough of a reason for me.
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2005 at 12:17pm
There was a guy at the pentagon around 5:40 p.m. yesterday, parked and grabbing slugs while there were 10 cars in line. I yelled "hope you have a flat *******!" Not sure if he saw me or even cared.

The slugs were jumping right in, with no regard to the drivers following the "rules".
Rick Rude View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Rude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2005 at 2:58pm
That was my whole point yesterday. I yelled and voiced my anger at the girl. Think she cared, no and neither did the riders.. We are performing a service for both the drivers and the riders, yet some people want to abuse it. I'm with you, hope to see them on the side of HOV with a flat or two.. :)

quote:
Originally posted by 122582
[br]There was a guy at the pentagon around 5:40 p.m. yesterday, parked and grabbing slugs while there were 10 cars in line. I yelled "hope you have a flat *******!" Not sure if he saw me or even cared.

The slugs were jumping right in, with no regard to the drivers following the "rules".

EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2005 at 4:29pm
It happens. Sometimes the line is too long for us to walk to the cars. In general, there are only a few that do this. Let's just ignore them and focus on the good of slugging. No complaints ladies! I'm sorry you are rude Rick. In time, you'll learn the "rules" of slugging and you'll get the rep of Nice Rick. Have a wonderful evening everyone!
Rick Rude View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Rude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 9:39am
Enuf, I am not a lady, but a guy.. I am not new to this as I have been slugging since 1996. There was no line as I pulled up, there were only the two ladies waiting. There was nothing Rude about me, but alot with this individual. Yeah, I have let alot go by over the years, but this was one incident that needed to be addressed.. And as with all positive things, there are negatives that need to be addressed no matter what forum. The only thing to learn here is not to ignore it, but to address it so that maybe it won't continue, otherwise we all lose..

quote:
Originally posted by EnufisEnuf
[br]It happens. Sometimes the line is too long for us to walk to the cars. In general, there are only a few that do this. Let's just ignore them and focus on the good of slugging. No complaints ladies! I'm sorry you are rude Rick. In time, you'll learn the "rules" of slugging and you'll get the rep of Nice Rick. Have a wonderful evening everyone!

EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 10:43am
You are right Rick. The problem is no one seems to care. You know?
Rick Rude View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Rude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 11:43am
Enuf, thanks for sharing. I truly appreciate the feedback. Out here..
quote:
Originally posted by EnufisEnuf
[br]You are right Rick. The problem is no one seems to care. You know?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic