Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Food for Thought

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LegalSecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Food for Thought
    Posted: 06 Sep 2002 at 5:55am
I think it's great that the slug line at Horner is going to be split -- it's really chaotic now. BUT, I don't usually slug and I love the new Horner Rd. lot by Telegraph Rd., since I go to the doctor 3 nights a week at Old Bridge/Minnieville intersection, it really cuts down the time to get there, plus I don't have to walk to the very back of the old Horner Rd lot to get my car.

If all the slugs to DC will be parking in the new lot now, that puts me back at the old lot, probably way in the back again. That's what I have a problem with -- people that ride the bus from the commuter lot like I do are being put out. If you've ever walked to/from the very back of the old Horner Rd. lot and you're running late due to traffic, you know the frustration I'm talking about. I want to emphasize that I think slugging is great, I have no problem with it, I guess I'm just venting because I'll be losing what has turned out to be a dream of a parking situation. Thanks for your time.
Gold89 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gold89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2002 at 8:52am
LegalSecy, don't get hopes down. No one said all the DC slugs will be parking in the "new" lot. I'm not sure what time you park, but I'm pretty sure you won't have to walk far to the new (or old) bus stop.

corolla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corolla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2002 at 11:05am
quote:

LegalSecy, don't get hopes down. No one said all the DC slugs will be parking in the "new" lot. I'm not sure what time you park, but I'm pretty sure you won't have to walk far to the new (or old) bus stop.

I disagree with your advice to LegalSecy. Rules have been established and in the interest of maintaining an orderly and safe sytem, adults should abide. Unfortunately, not everyone's need can be met, welcome to the world.

Edited by - corolla on 10 Sep 2002 11:06:01
Gold89 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gold89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2002 at 11:32am
quote:

quote:

I disagree with your advice to LegalSecy. Rules have been established and in the interest of maintaining an orderly and safe sytem, adults should abide. Unfortunately, not everyone's need can be met, welcome to the world.

Edited by - corolla on 10 Sep 2002 11:06:01

Corolla,
I think you missed the boat on this one. LegalSecy is concerned that he/she will have to walk farther to the new bus stop because the DC slugs will take up ALL close parking spaces. I stated that I did not think all the DC slugs will be parking in the "new" lot. This is not ADVICE, it is my opinion. Everyone has one.

Second, what "Rules have been established..."? There are no "established rules" for slugging and parking. It is all people's opinions on what "should" be done as a courtesy. Just because David was generous enough to create and maintain a web site for slugging, posting to his site does not make something a "rule". No one is going to be fined or sent to jail for not following etiquette.

gold89

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic