Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tinted Windows

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2005 at 4:10pm
Ohio - that's a shame cops think like that but it doesn't surprise me, especially around here. Tint is not just for "looks". It actually serves a purpose. Besides keeping the car cooler or whatever else - for me - it cuts down on the tremendous amount of sun that comes in the window on especially bright or very sunny days. I can see better, it doesn't burn me, etc., etc. I love it when I slug home w/ someone who has tint. A lot of times I ride home w/ people who don't have tint and because the sun is so bright I have a bad headache by the time I get home. I'm sensitive to the sun for me its something that truly helps over how it looks. I am not a drug dealer or user or deviant in any way - minus my tint. Too bad cops would think that about me. Such a shame to know how they view the very people they are supposed to be protecting.
EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2005 at 4:29pm
I have to agree w/ Koa on this one. Tint is great. I want to get it for my car for that very reason he stated. Also, the cops need to be worried about more important things that window tint. That's the problem these days. Go after the gangs and such. MS-13 and all of that stuff is what they need to focus on. Not some person driving with window tint. Such a shame. At least we now know truly how cops think. Dispicable.
gonova View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2005 at 5:56pm
Since I have a couple of friends in law enforcement, my $.02...

The main concern with tint on a vehicle is the safety of the officer. You stand a much higher chance of getting the full felony stop routine, ("Driver, put both hands out of the vehicle; Driver, open the door with your left hand and exit the vehicle with your hands behind your head...") because they can't see what is inside nor can they see movements inside the vehicle. This is a very dicey situation for a cop who has no idea who/what is inside the stopped vehicle. It doesn't matter who is in there, the cop is concerned (read scared here) that he/she will get capped by someone hiding behind that tint. Too many cop funerals because of this situation.
EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2005 at 7:15pm
I can understand that but that is extreme, when tint is very dark. This isn't the case with most people. Just enuf tint to keep the sun out. Not dark like a limo. Have a wonderful weekend!
lvalleburke View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lvalleburke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2005 at 9:52am
gonova- I see your point and the cops (my uncle was a ffx cty cop)about approaching a car with dark tint and honestly they should only be scared if the person in the vehicle doesn't roll down their windows before the cops approaches the car.
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2005 at 10:23am
Dark tint does project something illegal going on. That's why the law differs in states; however, I would think the law might be wrong to have persons peel it off. That really doesn't seem right. It seems the issue should be with the manufactures of this stuff. States should set the standard for the darkness of tint then have manufactures adhere to the standard.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic