Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Long Wait

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoYo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long Wait
    Posted: 02 Sep 2005 at 11:52am
Has anyone notice the long wait for the DC line, at 610 Old lot. I am starting a carpool to the DIAC, Bolling AFB, I normally slug to Navy Yard Metro, but as I was there at 5:05 and did not get picked up until 5:50 also, another co-worker got in line at 5:25 and was not picked up until 6:25 the line at 5:30 was only about 6 people deep now it has turned to about 25 people deep and gets longer, am I the only one has notice? The price of gas has really change the wait time. Drives are slugs and no one is driving.

It's me
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2005 at 4:23pm
YoYo, yes, the cost of gas has tripled the number of slugs and reduced the number of drivers. Try tipping the next driver you catch a ride with, and he or she will probably call out for you the next trip.
NoNo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoNo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2005 at 1:50pm
The lines have increased all around. The 17 line has doubled in the last two weeks. Guess we'll just grin and bear it and waat for prices to settle down again.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2005 at 6:49am
YoYo,

If you want shorter lines, choose to help out and drive once or twice a week and take a couple of slugs with you. That way you've shortened the line by 3 people.

Keep on sluggin' (and drivin') [:)]
LCastillo76 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LCastillo76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 1:44pm
Its the Same Problem at Horner. Where are all the Slugs going to Crystal City?
MFS73 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MFS73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2005 at 6:43am
quote:
Originally posted by YoYo
[br]Has anyone notice the long wait for the DC line, at 610 Old lot. I am starting a carpool to the DIAC, Bolling AFB, I normally slug to Navy Yard Metro, but as I was there at 5:05 and did not get picked up until 5:50 also, another co-worker got in line at 5:25 and was not picked up until 6:25 the line at 5:30 was only about 6 people deep now it has turned to about 25 people deep and gets longer, am I the only one has notice? The price of gas has really change the wait time. Drives are slugs and no one is driving.

It's me

YoYo,

I will be tenatively transferring to the DIAC on Nov 28th. I was wondering if you were able to get the carpool together? I am definitely interested in joining, if you have room. Please email me at hokiemike@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic