Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slow down and save money

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanaRican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2005 at 2:48pm
quote:
Originally posted by N_or_S_bound
[br]Lessee, Ford has made the Escape, Explorer, Expedition and Excursion.

I think their next one, had we not hit this "bump in the road" with prices at the pump, would've been called the Excessive.

I'm not anti-SUV as long as it's 4WD capable and used accordingly with a full load of folks onboard. Never did understand having them on the highway solely. A Lexus or Cadillac SUV makes NO sense to me, but then I'm fairly dense when it comes to such things.

Well, it's this time of year that my baby gets used the most - for tailgating OF COURSE! GO SKINS! [;)]
Dhacim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2005 at 4:01pm
quote:
Originally posted by PanaRican
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by N_or_S_bound
[br]Lessee, Ford has made the Escape, Explorer, Expedition and Excursion.

I think their next one, had we not hit this "bump in the road" with prices at the pump, would've been called the Excessive.

I'm not anti-SUV as long as it's 4WD capable and used accordingly with a full load of folks onboard. Never did understand having them on the highway solely. A Lexus or Cadillac SUV makes NO sense to me, but then I'm fairly dense when it comes to such things.

Well, it's this time of year that my baby gets used the most - for tailgating OF COURSE! GO SKINS! [;)]

Hell yeah PanaRican, good to see the Skins still have a contingent in DC. I was beginning to think it was all Dallas and Philly fans round here.
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2005 at 6:25pm
That's interesting, GMU. What do you drive?
My whole fleet does its best at 55 MPH(right down to my riding lawn mower), which is according to consumer reports the speed at which the EPA determines your "sticker" economy.

Since there are 80K miles on the Durango, I'm going to try the oxygen sensor next, followed by a set of Michelins rather than the obnoxious off-road tires the Durango comes with from the factory.

A 25 MPG 5.9L SUV would be cool.

Keep slugging alive - tip your driver today!
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2005 at 8:18pm
check out Consumer Reports for tire recommendations. There's plenty of less costly brands that beat Mich on price, handling, endurance, road noise, etc. I used their recommendation last time and bought a brand I'd only heard of very rarely. Pleased with them.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
6speedTL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6speedTL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2005 at 12:37am
quote:
Originally posted by HybridDriver
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by msticaries
[br]that's nice, just stay out of the FAST lane mmmkay??

If I high-beam you, please pull over to th shoulder. The phasers do not have a "stun" setting. Wouldn't want you to get hurt!

--------
2005 Honda Civic Hybrid
Funny, I've never been in a motorcycle only traffic jam!

Hah, like you got a fast car. [:D]
Dhacim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2005 at 9:26am
quote:
Originally posted by 122582
[br]That's interesting, GMU. What do you drive?
My whole fleet does its best at 55 MPH(right down to my riding lawn mower), which is according to consumer reports the speed at which the EPA determines your "sticker" economy.

Since there are 80K miles on the Durango, I'm going to try the oxygen sensor next, followed by a set of Michelins rather than the obnoxious off-road tires the Durango comes with from the factory.

A 25 MPG 5.9L SUV would be cool.

Keep slugging alive - tip your driver today!

Holy Crap your tires have lasted 80K miles? That's insane.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic