Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Coordinated Rides Home
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedKing St. metro to 610.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6speedTL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: King St. metro to 610.
    Posted: 07 Sep 2005 at 3:39pm
Hello. This is my first time in this forum and I want see if I can find 2 passengers to ride with me from the King St. Metro station to any of the Rt. 610 commuter lots.

I would like to pick up between 4:00 and 4:15 pm.
6speedTL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6speedTL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2005 at 4:04pm
Well, I guess I was too late. Maybe next time.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 9:50am
6speed,

I work in Old Town Alex. Have been looking for folks to share driving/riding responsibilities to/from 610/Old Town area. I normally leave Stafford 6-630 and leave Old Town sometime between 4-5pm. My hours are somewhat flexible especially if I can get a rider/driver which precludes the stop in CC or Pentagon flow.

Let me know if you think we can arrange at least a carpool of 2 and work from there to build it to 3 or more.

thanks,

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
ratmyr View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ratmyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 3:29pm
I am new to the board (and actually new to the area - arrived from Germany last week). I live in the Montclair area and work off King St. Not sure how much of an issue this creates, but if you are looking for another rider for King Str, let me know. My actual work address is Ford Ave, however, I figure I can get from the metro there without a problem.

Thanks.

~ Ratmyr
6speedTL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6speedTL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2005 at 12:28am
Well, thank you both for replying. My normal working hours are M-Th from 9:30am to 3:30pm, F from 10:00am to 10:00pm and Sundays. I always drive, so, my primary interest is being able to get back home early. My wife works M and W afternoons and I hve to be home by 5:00pm. T and Th I have soccer practice from 5:00 to 7:30pm. I coach both of my oldest kids teams, so I have to be home by 4:30.

I know it is an unusual request, but being able to cut the afternoon commute by more than 20 or maybe 30 minutes + the reduced walk is a good deal for everyone.

Edit: I also posted a thread in the "Afternoon Slugs" area.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic