Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What was the deal with traffic Thursday evening?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What was the deal with traffic Thursday evening?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AveMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What was the deal with traffic Thursday evening?
    Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 1:13pm
Shortly after 5pm, I went to the Pentagon to pick up riders and the parking lot was gridlocked. I sat for close to ten minutes without moving more than 15 feet. I gave up and cut across the parking lot and headed back to work. I saw that traffic on 395S and Washington Blvd was also gridlocked. I got back on at 7:30 and it was okay.

Were the HOV lanes the same?
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 1:19pm
I saw a strange object in the sky right over Crystal City, that looked from a distance to be a parachutist, but when we got closer it looked more like a baloon with an object hanging below it. Bet everyone was looking at that. I didn't get a real good look.
Luddite View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 1:52pm
I think there was gridlock because there was also a cop directing traffic. Always better when there isn't anyone there. Am I right?
hotscr17 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotscr17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 2:13pm
you're right. they're always screwing up traffic. funny thing is they probably think they're doing a good job..
VA4ver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA4ver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 3:34pm
Around Duke St. a multiple car fender bender on regular lanes, then a a follow up finder bender, and a car that was smoking. All on regular lanes.
EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 3:35pm
Coming from downtown DC at 5:00 the lanes were smooth sailing baby. No probs at all. Have you smiled at your slug today?
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 3:37pm
I didn't note anything unusual going on. We walked right up to a vehicle in the Tacketts Mill line and left immediately.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic