Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another Crystal City Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Crystal City Question
    Posted: 09 Sep 2002 at 10:28am
This is to any and all that slug from Crystal City in the afternoon. How popular is the line at Crystal Park 2? I never even knew one existed until I saw it on this site.

thirdbag View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thirdbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2002 at 8:44am
I don't know how popular they are but today was my first slug from Rt 3 to the Pentagon. I would be interested in a Crystal city to Rt 3 slug line.

thirdbag
gsamsonva View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsamsonva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2002 at 10:46am
I think it's not used very much. When I started working in Crystal City, I stopped by one day in July to try to slug from there: there was no indication that a slug line existed. I asked some other people going to the other Crystal City slug line, and they didn't know about it either.

I've resorted to slugging from Pentagon.

How about drumming up some interest? I know Rolling Valley Mall drivers often take slugs to Crystal City--just need to get them informed about the pm pick-up at Crystal Park 2. Recommend setting a start date (mid-late October) so folks know when to look for it.

gs
masinick View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masinick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 11:09am
I'm all for it... Crystal Park 2 would be a much better leaving spot for those of us in "lower" Crystal City.

mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 3:34pm
Cool...I put some posts out on other boards and see if there are any other "bites" out there. And maybe we can shoot for Nov. 1st as a start date. Out of curiosity, to the folks that would benefit from this...where are you headed in the afternoon??

Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 5:11pm
To all interested in starting this line back up:

1)Be sure to allow plenty of time to spread the word - your 1 Nov 02 date should work.

2)If you want to develop a flyer I will post it on the website and help you spread the word. Just email it to me.

3) I can create an "instant survey" to help gage interest.

Let me know how I can help!

masinick View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masinick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2002 at 1:52pm
I'm always heading to Tacketts Mill, and there are usually at least 3 people walking within view of me when I leave park 2 for the current line. Admin, if you could set up a survey that would give us some idea of the interest, please do so. Anybody else interested in this? We need more than 2 people really...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic