Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Would you rather work in Dahlgren ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex01lauren03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would you rather work in Dahlgren ?
    Posted: 22 Sep 2005 at 1:54am
I live in the burg and I am sick of the commuite so I applied and got a position out in Dahlgren. If there is anyone intrested in working out there and has an TS/SCI shoot me your resume there looking for:
1. Web Programmer - ASP.Net
2. VB6 Programmer
3. CBT Developer - ISD experienced / Flash Developer
4. Assets Management (Supply type with computer hardware
configuration) experience.
5. and also interested in whoever has TS/SCI clearance and IT experience either for now or future opportunities.

email alex01lauren03@yahoo.com your resume and title it Dahlgren
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2005 at 6:43am
Dahlgren is about 30 miles away via mostly two lane roads.

Is the commute truly any better?

Keep slugging alive - tip your driver today!
SuzAnne View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2005 at 8:23am
Maybe we can start a slug-line to Dahlgren. Then, once it is established, we can convert it to a toll road and charge $1.65 PER MILE -- wasn't that what they said last night?

Good plan. Thanks Mr. Rollison.

Suzan
flatulentsluggerhugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatulentsluggerhugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2005 at 8:25am
Working in Dahlgren would be great!!!!!! It's worth the travel if you live in Fredericksburg because the traffic is going the opposite way. I know people who live in that area and work there. I'll tell you that you can live like a king out there if you work at Dahlgren. The only down size is that almost all the positions there are Scientists, Mathematicians, or Engineers.

Alex, if you get the offer to accept, TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then move out towards that area. You'll make a nice profit where you live now and can definitely get some land and a nice home out there.

VOTE HOT!!!! SO GAS PASSERS LIKE ME WON'T ANNOY YOU!!!

whoever smealt it dealt it!!!!
alex01lauren03 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex01lauren03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2005 at 8:52am
quote:
Originally posted by SuzAnne
[br]Maybe we can start a slug-line to Dahlgren. Then, once it is established, we can convert it to a toll road and charge $1.65 PER MILE -- wasn't that what they said last night?

Good plan. Thanks Mr. Rollison.

Suzan

Well Suzan I drove out there one morning durring rush hour and it was beautiful. No traffic the only time i stopped was for 1 red light and that wasnt very long. I live way out on rt 3 close to Lake of the woods it takes me aprox 1hr and 20 mins usualy to get to the pentagon. It only took me 35 mins to get to Dalgren. There is someone who already works at the job I had applied for who lives out here aswell and she has worked there for years and loves it.
SuzAnne View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2005 at 8:59am
Well, it sound like a wonderful place to live, and work, and commute. Just think of the possible oportunity . . . Fluor and Clark can build a new road by reducing the lane size and cutting the shoulders, add additional access roads and other traffic management features, and then meter access to it to charge you for the promised improved ride.

Don't take me wrong. While I may want to have as a Dahlgren worker may have - you know - good job, good home, and good commute - I write as I do in a facetious manner, to point out the evil of HOT.

alex01lauren03 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex01lauren03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2005 at 9:13am
quote:
Originally posted by SuzAnne
[br]Well, it sound like a wonderful place to live, and work, and commute. Just think of the possible oportunity . . . Fluor and Clark can build a new road by reducing the lane size and cutting the shoulders, add additional access roads and other traffic management features, and then meter access to it to charge you for the promised improved ride.

Don't take me wrong. While I may want to have as a Dahlgren worker may have - you know - good job, good home, and good commute - I write as I do in a facetious manner, to point out the evil of HOT.

Well I am not a fan of hot either but its not like we can do much to stop it. If they really want to do it they will. Hell we have been complaining to get HOV streched all the way to the burg for years now and all they do is keep teasing us by setting some work drucks down there at the bottom then leaving.

I posted this simply becasue it took me a year to find this job out there and when the recuiter told me there were other positions I figured I should share the wealth since it took me for ever and help you all out possibaly.
[;)]

gmugrad View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmugrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2005 at 12:28pm
I have had to go to morning meetings in dalhgren and the commute is not fun at all. Witht he two lane road and major schools on that road the busses suck. the traffic is very slow.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic