Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NOT fun going home tonight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avparr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NOT fun going home tonight
    Posted: 04 Oct 2005 at 2:07pm
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/metro/traffic/index.html

N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2005 at 2:16pm
Try this. It doesn't look as bad. http://www.traffic.com/Washington-DC-Traffic/Washington-DC-Traffic-Reports.html

A couple of those on the washpost site are northbound.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
avparr View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avparr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2005 at 2:32pm
I think the following will affect us in Stafford and Fred.

http://fredericksburg.com/News/Web/2005/102005/crash1004
avparr View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avparr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2005 at 2:38pm
"The incident occurred around 11 this morning. As of 12:30, two lanes of I-95 south had been reopened. Bundy said the third lane will remain closed until about 4 p.m. so crews can clean up and assess damage to the bridge wall.

Motorists are urged to leave I-95 at either exits 143A, 140 or 133 in Stafford, and all on-ramps to I-95 south in Stafford remained closed. VDOT wants to clear out some of the six-mile backup on the highway before allowing more cars onto the road.

Southbound traffic is being routed onto U.S. 1 and VDOT has notified the city of Fredericksburg so that traffic signals can be adjusted to keep traffic moving."
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2005 at 8:22am
yep, you were right. WHAT A MESS!

Last night was one of those rare occasions where I venture south of Stafford. I avoid Fburg like the plague, but HAD to go there last night. Tweren't no fun at all.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2005 at 4:28pm
Last night was no fun either!

By the way people, I'm slugging this week to/fr Potomac from DC. If we could get more drivers both morning and afternoon, that would be super duper. Thanks and have a wonderful day! [:D]
mikester View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2005 at 11:16am
It's never any fun
EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2005 at 2:50pm
Mike - you got that right. I hate commuting but we have to do it. I'm slugging tonight if you want to offer me a ride.

[}:)][:p][:I][:o)][?][:X][:0]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic