Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New slug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2002 at 1:49pm
quote:

The length of the ramp has nothing to do with it. Shelbybrynn feels that it's not difficult and is proud of the length of the ramp (as she has pointed it out four times), and who's to say that she's wrong either?

Oops....five times. The fifth one appeared while I was writing my message

kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2002 at 2:24pm
I think that some people apparently just like to see their own words in print. It's incredible that one person can have over 100 posts and only have been a member for a month. There must not be enough work to go around somewhere...

K.O.
shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2002 at 3:48pm
LOL, look who's talking!!! The reason I have so many posts in such a short time is that I am trying to get a new line started and the reason I am responding to your post is that it is hard enough to get a new line started without people trying to pass their opinions off as truths. The only thing I had issues with is the information you were trying to pass off to people was untrue. It is a matter of opinion if YOU have a hard time merging there but to be quite honest if you have a hard time merging there, you must really have a hard time when you try to merge on 95 from Routes 3 or 610 or onto Route 3 from 95!! The FACT that the 630 southbound merge lane is longer than most speaks for itself.
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2002 at 4:02pm
quote:

. . . . without people trying to pass their opinions off as truths. The only thing I had issues with is the information you were trying to pass off to people was untrue. . . .

You will no doubt tell me I'm wrong, but I think your posts often come across as trying to pass opinions off as truths, although I'd say your posts seem try to pass them off as "facts" instead of as "truths." (Don't bother repeating the point about the length of the ramp for a seventh time--that is a fact, but it's also a proverbial red herring.) Kortegel didn't post anything "untrue." Neither, to my knowledge, have you.

(just trying to calm everybody down here....)

Patricia View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patricia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2002 at 10:07am
I feel sorry for anyone trying to get useful information about slugging from any of these message board on this site. They have to wade through so many messages that are a waste of time and space and in no way related to the topics at hand. It unfortunate that these boards have turned into such a mess of messages about nothing...

Patricia
Stafford/610
Jessie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2002 at 11:45am
The Route 630 lot is a new slug-line and we don't need people passing their opinions off as facts and labeling something a "death-trap" just because that particular person has problems merging. The people who are working hard to get the 630 lot off the ground don't need that. If kortegel has a problem merging there, even though the merge lane is longer than most, he/she should just say "I have difficulty merging there" and not use such offensive language as "death trap". The people who are successfully slugging from 630 are going to continue to stand up for themselves. Especially when the person making the comment doesn't live off of Route 630 and doesn't slug from there either, they are hardly an expert on the subject. Shelbybrynn however has said that she has lived off of Route 630 for 25 years now and she said she never has had problems merging there!!
kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2002 at 1:30pm
This dead horse has been beat DEAD a long time now! Thank you for your untimely, unnecessary input.

K.O.
thirdbag View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thirdbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2002 at 3:55pm
Cindi

I slug from Rt. 3 every morning and know there are people headed into DC but usually take rides to the Pentagon.
If you drive pull up and announce your destination. Taking people home at night to 610 might work well for you though since nobody has organized a different PM place to catch to Rt. 3.

That is what sluggin is all about, the ease of picking up and dropping off at different locations and times.[:D]

quote:
Originally posted by Cindi0601
[br]I'll be commuting to DC soon, and am new to this game. I hear that slugging is the way to go. The Rt. 3/Gordon Rd. lot would be easiest for me. I'll be going to the Federal Triangle area - our office will be on 15th St., NW, between F and G Streets. Assuming I'd be returning from a 14th St. slug line. Can anyone tell me if the Rt. 3 line would work for me, or would I be better off starting from Rt. 17 or even 610? Would I have any difficulty getting from 14th St. back to Rt. 3? If so, are there other reasonable options for getting home?

Thank you!
Cindi

thirdbag
Cindi0601 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cindi0601 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2002 at 11:18am
Thanks to those who provided useful information. I actually live off of Rt. 208 in Spotsylvania, so I can access many of the lots fairly easily. Closest on-ramp for me is actually at Massaponax, but I can also go to Rt. 3. I'm interested in the 630 lot primarily because I'm looking for something a bit less congested than some of the other lots. I don't mind driving the distance to 630, since I have to go that way, anyhow. Doesn't really matter. I was also interested in the possibility that this lot (630) had more folks like me, who prefer to sleep in a little bit, and not leave for work at the crack of dawn. (I don't know if it's worked out that way, but I know that was the initial idea.)
Al Rios View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Rios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2002 at 11:31am
quote:
Originally posted by Cindi0601
[br]I'll be commuting to DC soon, and am new to this game. I hear that slugging is the way to go. The Rt. 3/Gordon Rd. lot would be easiest for me. I'll be going to the Federal Triangle area - our office will be on 15th St., NW, between F and G Streets. Assuming I'd be returning from a 14th St. slug line. Can anyone tell me if the Rt. 3 line would work for me, or would I be better off starting from Rt. 17 or even 610? Would I have any difficulty getting from 14th St. back to Rt. 3? If so, are there other reasonable options for getting home?

Thank you!
Cindi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic