Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMcQuigg Annouces Oppositon to HOT Lanes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2005 at 1:28pm
quote:
Originally posted by SpongeBob
[br]Who are you, Haru? On what do you base any of these extravagant claims? Have you met Michelle? I have. Have you met Jeff? I have. Have you spoken at length to either of them on this issue? I have. Where are these listings of effectiveness, and from what perch of advantage do you pronounce these pearls of wisdom, to wit: his own party thinks thus and so. What? Are you "his own party" that speaks with one voice?

Please give me more ineffective legislators like Jeff who take the time to meet constituents on an issue, learn about it, take a stand, and show up at the meetings to oppose the major powers. This is what Jeff did, you know-nothing.

And give me more ineffective legislators who, on their own, secure over $5 million to build the FIRST new commuter parking spaces in PWC in the last four years. This, too, is what Jeff did.

And Michelle, to her credit, is at least on our side. You can count on one hand the politicians who have taken the time to study this issue and decided to oppose toll roads. Why attack and denigrate the few who publicly announce their opposition to the prevailing mind-set of everyone else in Richmond? What do we gain?

So shut your ill-informed pie-hole, newbie.

Jeff Frederick is rated the least effective member of the Virginia Legislature, that is he is dead last, by the Virginia Foundation for Research and Economics Education, a statewide non-partisan political research organiztion to business and industry, McQuigg was ranked 80 of 98. The rankings are based on the ability of the legislator to get his or her legislation passed, both McQuigg and Frederick are unable to get much of anything done because they are viewed as incompetent by their own party. I have met regualrly with McQuigg and will continue to do so, to try to force her to actually do something for PWC, in the 7 yrs she has been a delegate she has not gotten a single bill passed to help PWC, secondly she has consitently opposed transporation improvements in Northern Virginia, thirdly she readily admits that she doesn't read any of the legislation she votes on....she also, until a week ago supported HOT and will again if re-elected because she gets her $ from the developers. She gets virtually zero $ from her district virtually every dime comes from developer PACs.

N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2005 at 2:47pm
Things aren't always as they appear. Some folks are rejected by their parties because they don't play the party's games and thus are cast out to the wolves. Who funds the VA FREE? Independent BUSINESSES. Are developers independent businesses? Do independent businesses have PACs?

It always has to go back to following the money trail. There are a rare few people out there with altruistic motives in what they do, yet these are the same people who are vilified as being anti-this or pro-that. This and that are whatever someone's favorite pet rock of the moment is.

It is wise to look at the situation from as many angles as one can, research the money trail as best one can, then make the best decision based on the existing data reflected upon your own past experiences and projections for the future.

I would be hard-pressed to take any one organization's word on any one or two (or 98) politicians. The money trail says more about this organization than VA FREE can say about anybody who may have invested in VA FREE's past, present or future.

Think independently people. Don't let those with the power (read: money) manipulate you to support their bought positions. Do your own research (you have a computer and can do some amount fairly easily), make your own decisions and pray that you've made an honorable one.

Read an article on bird flu. It's put out by a very unbiased organization (yes, I checked). Pointing to the improbability of bird flu wiping out millions like in 1918. They also mention possible motives for spreading the story to create some stress, uneasiness and even mild panic. Find organizations you can trust, then verify continually. You owe it to yourself and others no less.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic