Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBeltway HOT and Sierra Club

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beltway HOT and Sierra Club
    Posted: 21 Oct 2005 at 12:40pm
I saw a news piece the other day and wanted to jot down a couple of things. As most of you know, the Transporation Board approved the go ahead on the Beltway HOT lanes. The report said that they approved a 12 lane version that would include 2 HOT lanes in each direction. So the Beltway would be widened from 8 to 12 lanes with the HOT lanes in the middle. The concept I believe was that they could take much of the space out of the existing gap between the inner and outer loop so that they didnt have to bulldoze as many houses.

Anyway, the report said that what remains is an EPA review. If that is approved then they said that construction would start as soon as 6 months with a planned in service year of 2010.

They had an interview with the head of the local Sierra Club and he was saying that they really believe that there should not be HOT but a train service down the median. I thought Sierra and all the other enviros had signed on to HOT. Anyway, that was the report I saw.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic