Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disadvantages of slugging

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaVetsAtHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2005 at 12:42am
quote:
Originally posted by SuzAnne
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by SpongeBob
[br]partial quote:

I think Defender and Baz are right.

I am glad to see someone pick up the stank of this topic. I would expect RLD to lead the charge but I believe the hospital has no patient-internet access.

Poor boy!

Sue! Hospital?
SKCRAB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKCRAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2005 at 5:59pm
And with responses like this, it's no wonder the hybrids like to drive alone. As a driver, there are many disadvantages to taking slugs.

You worry about their comfort and turn on the AC when you would normally roll down the windows
You can't comfortably listen to your own radio station at a nice volume
People think it's OK to wear perfume in enclosed spaces--like someone elses car
People smell bad
People think its ok to eat or drink in your car, despite "slug rules" that forbid this.
People think it is ok to spill a coke on the floor.
People chew loud food like nuts that also stink.
Some people go on and on about inane crap.
People leave trash in your car
People read their newspaper and block the sideview mirror
People listen to their ipods/other devices on full volume and entertain the entire car while going deaf
The snoring can become very annoying
The Nail filers are pretty annoying

To sum up--the slugs create an environment that makes the ride home much less enjoyable.

I can see why other drivers would be jealous of the hybrid drivers, but the slugs--well, not sure there is much room for complaint cause they are getting to town much quicker than walking.

shanbz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanbz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2005 at 3:40pm
Ok, perhaps I'm slow - but couldn't we attempt to make everyone at least semi-happy? If they put in HOT lanes, couldn't they charge those that are driving with 1 or 2 people in the car and let those with the HOV 3 minimum go for free?

And as far as the Hybrids - couldn't they make it HOV 2 for them when the current exception expires in 2006? That way, we get more riders picked up and they still get "something" in return?

Just some thoughts - plese let me know if I'm missing something or why these ideas wouldn't work?
shanbz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanbz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2005 at 3:43pm
Ok, I stand corrected - I didn't get through reading all before me. I can understand the problem with the SMARTTAG - if they have it, no one could verify the number in the car. Sadly, we would need manned booths....hmmm....
scoobydoo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoobydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2005 at 10:00am
Who pays to ride? Not me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic