Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

610 AND Mine Road this morning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 610 AND Mine Road this morning
    Posted: 10 Nov 2005 at 10:25am
Wow, I had to punt and figure out how to slug this morning. Have never tried slugging to get myself to Old Town Alexandria with a combination of slugging, metro and walking.

Worked out ok. Was nice to have good weather for the .78 mile walk from metro to my office. Didn't need the car today either.

Was amazed at how many drivers "locked on" to Pentagon only this morning. The first driver going to Crystal City was golden since 2 of the next 3 slugs that showed up were going there.

Pentagon drivers: look around, consider Crystal City and maybe you'll get slugs a bit quicker. (Quite a bit quicker).

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
mikester View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2005 at 10:38am
Pentagon is a pain. So mauch traffic sucks up a lot of time. Seems like its faster to go to the Crystal city metro, or practically anywhere else, and go from there.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2005 at 11:24am
Yeah, an interesting option not many drivers have considered is to go to Pentagon North Parking. You get to take the left exit from HOV, drop slugs at N Parking, then reenter 395 from Boundary Channel or press on to Crystal City.

Only works for slugs who have a Pentagon badge though.

You get to avoid the rightside exit from HOV and South Parking -- that's my overriding goal when I drive.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
avparr View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avparr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2005 at 8:38am
I second that N/S. I am now commuting to CC and a few times I had gone to the Pentagon and metro'd to CC because there were so many Pentagon drivers.

This morning the driver line was LONG!! I needed to get to CC (of course). Five cars back I found a driver that would go to CC. About 3 min. later we picked up another CC slug and off we went leaving the Pentagon drivers in our dust :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic