Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AM Dancing with an SUV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Uhura1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AM Dancing with an SUV
    Posted: 21 Nov 2005 at 8:53pm
quote:
Originally posted by adjguy
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by mikester
[br]You're right. He sounds a little crazy. Maybe more than a little...

LOL Uhura, I should Have known you would respond. Yep, I mis-read the quote. Ooopsies. Anyhoo, Id like to have the name and number of the police officer who told you that she would not be at fault for striking someone who just "failed to get out of the way". So, if someone who is irrate wont move out of my way, do I have a free ticket to just mow him down?? That certainly would change my perspective on driving in VA. LOL, yer a trip.

Why WOULDN'T I respond? I am the person who originally relayed what happened.

Furthermore, you have misread once again:

EACH TIME the woman attempted to move the vehicle around him he stepped in the vehicle's path. This was an SUV. SUV's don't stop on a dime.

Live Long and Prosper
adjguy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adjguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2005 at 7:16pm
quote:
[br]You're right. He sounds a little crazy. Maybe more than a little...

LOL Uhura, I should Have known you would respond. Yep, I mis-read the quote. Ooopsies. Anyhoo, Id like to have the name and number of the police officer who told you that she would not be at fault for striking someone who just "failed to get out of the way". So, if someone who is irrate wont move out of my way, do I have a free ticket to just mow him down?? That certainly would change my perspective on driving in VA. LOL, yer a trip.
mikester View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2005 at 2:23pm
You're right. He sounds a little crazy. Maybe more than a little...
Uhura1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2005 at 11:34am
quote:
[br]That guy sounds like an ass. The self appointed slug line enforcer. I assume everyone else in line just watched this whole thing unfold and said or did nothing?

I did something. I called the police and I let her get in front of me when she tried to return to the line...

Beyond that-I am not sure what anyone could have done...If the man was crazy enough to jump out of his 'cedes leaving the door open and use his body to block the path of an SUV he may be crazy / angry enough to physically fight you if you got out of your own vehicle to intercede...

Live Long and Prosper
Uhura1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2005 at 11:32am
quote:
Originally posted by adjguy
[br]LOL,

Being on a Federal Installation, im sure the Pentagon Police would have the whole thing on tape. Thinking back to my MP days, I would imagine that she would have been charged with assault with a deadly weapon, attempted murder or hit and run. She would be at fault unfortunately. I might say though, that the guy is lucky that the person in the car was passive, and did not aggrevate the situation. Its not very smart (in this day and age) to pull a stunt like that. Im sure if he pulled that on one of my friends, or anyone else more aggressive he would be indeed a hood ornament or missing some teeth.

Sorry-you are off base on 2 counts:
-Horner Road is not a Federal installation
-I called the police and the police said that the woman would not have been at fault.

Live Long and Prosper
mikester View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2005 at 10:57am
That guy sounds like an ass. The self appointed slug line enforcer. I assume everyone else in line just watched this whole thing unfold and said or did nothing?
mariam0673 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariam0673 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2005 at 8:47am
adjguy - it doesn't sound like this happened at the Pentagon, rather the slug line headed for the Pentagon from Horner Rd.
scoobydoo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoobydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2005 at 8:38am
Ask him if he knows they serve decaf-coffee now.
I can't believe he left his car door open, what a silly wacko.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2005 at 8:34am
"Ask him to move back to New York." Hey, not all NY'rs are crazy...just angry cold half asleep ones...wait...no..I'm not an angry person...

:'}
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2005 at 7:18am
Sounds a lot like the Chinese guy in front of the tank on the bridge near Tiannamen Square back in the '90s. [:p]

Was this guy making a stand for slug freedom at Horner Road? [;)]

Keep on sluggin'! [8D]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic