Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

rider problem at Saratoga

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JYURINA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rider problem at Saratoga
    Posted: 07 Feb 2002 at 9:41am
I've been picking up slugs from Saratoga for a year and a half with no problems.
Has anyone else experienced any problems with a male rider picked up at Saratoga? I had a particually scary ride the other day when the rider in the back seat began yelling uncontrollably after we pulled out on to Rolling Road, he eventually calmed down and the rest of the ride was uneventful. It scared me and the other lady in the car to death as we had just heard the previous day from another rider that this guy had grabbed a woman driver and started choking her, her other rider pulled him off, and she returned him to the slug line.
What are the protocals when there is a particular rider you don't want to pick up? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

JRY
610_Slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610_Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2002 at 10:36am
According to slug etiquette, "Slugs have the right to pass or forfeit a ride if they do not like a particular car." I would assume the same holds true for the driver. They do not have to pick up a slug who makes them uncomfortable, and have the right to refuse to drive a particular person. I'm surprised the police were not called when this guy choked one of the passengers.

If I saw him again, I would definitely refuse to drive him. If I was driving, and one of my passengers started carrying on as you stated...yelling and screaming, etc., he would be lucky if he wasn't let off on the side of the road, or if the lot was close, returned there, as fast as possible. You are by no means obligated to take a person like that anywhere. The safety of you and your other passengers would be the only thing that mattered.

Fortunately, after 8 years of slugging, I have not run into this type of situation.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic