Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RUDENESS AT ROUTE 610

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RUDENESS AT ROUTE 610
    Posted: 24 Sep 2002 at 12:17pm
I guess some people at Route 610 are against slugging from Route 630, let me just say that that is fine, you are entitled to your opinion. But for you to tear down people's signs who are trying to find a better solution is quite rude. I thought everyone would want to try to work together to try and find a solution to the nightmare which is Route 610. Some of us want a legal place to park where there is no fear of being towed and fined $120. Some people have better things to do than to sit in a parking lot for 20-25 minutes in the evening. We are just trying to make it better for everyone involved so please don't tear down our hard work. I would never do that to someone and I would hope that whoever is tearing down the signs should feel ashamed for his/her actions. We are adults here, lets start acting like it!!

Tisa Shillingburg
kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2002 at 7:39am
That's pretty ridiculous behavior...but given my previous encounters with people from 610, I'm not in the least surprised.

Good luck in your endeavour.

K.O.

Edited by - kortegel on 25 Sep 2002 07:40:33
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2002 at 7:46am
There is no excuse for being rude! The 610 congestion is the reason I moved south and now use the 17 lot. Who has an extra 20 minutes just to get out of the lot in the afternoon!!

mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2002 at 6:29pm
Don't get discouraged because some jerk tore your sign at the 610 lot. All the slugs with whom I have discussed your attempt to get something going at 630 have been at least interested if not actually supportive.

I wouldn't be too quick to assume that whoever tore the sign was opposed to what you are trying to do. I think we are all a little more resourceful than the average joe and I just can't picture any of our ilk actually doing something that might eliminate one of our options.

Virtually everything that is left in the 610 lot over a weekend is subject to random acts of vandalism by the people who wander through there or use the lot for recreational purposes when it isn't full of our vehicles. The public hearing sign was vandalized - I do not suppose that individuals opposed to public hearings were responsible. The van used by my vanpool last year had the doors kicked in and I really doubt that a bunch of subversive anti-vanpoolers did it, although I have personally been tempted a few times when I have seen a minivan or SUV with a soccer ball magnet - but that's another issue. Signs for tag sales and roadside stands selling sports memorabilia have been defaced; surely we don't suspect Al Quaida of attempting to deprive our children of knowing Barry Bonds' batting average in 1998. Applying Occam's Razor to the event reveals that it is less likely an organized or even unorganized resistance movement and more likely some punk cutting through the lot who ripped a piece off the sign just for the helluvit. It may be my managerial instincts speaking, but they did a lousy job, too; most of the sign is still intact.

Hang in there, we all appreciate your efforts.

Ortegel... well... you're just a shithead and your childish response was even more predictable than the vandalism of the sign. Grow up.

Mike

Edited by - mycroftt on 25 Sep 2002 18:42:20
shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2002 at 10:57am
Hi Mike!! I enjoyed your note but I think while there are many supporters of our campaign, there have been a few negative emails I have received saying that the 630 slug-line is a bad idea because they live off of Route 610 and they think the Mine Road lot is a better option. I however respectfully disagree with that idea because Mine Road is too hard to get to in the evenings and noone wants to try to walk across Route 610 for obvious reasons. Also, even if you live right off of Route 610, Route 630 may still save you time because people can park faster and it is easier to get back on the highway. There are many people who drive from Spotsy and Fred Vegas who could very easily swing by the Route 630 lot. A group of us have been getting rides into work in the a.m., and we are getting rides home super fast in the evening. I even get to work and home about 20 minutes sooner!! Bottom line, there is plenty of parking and riders interested in slugging from Route 630, we just need more drivers and we need to be able to advertise for the drivers.

As for the sign I placed on the bus shack at 610. I think it sas crumpled up and thrown in the trash Monday morning because when I went and retrieved it, it was right on the top of all the other trash. I went and checked on it Monday morning and noticed it had been taken down, so I put it back up. Then someone came along and ripped part of the sign down. I think there are some people who don't want to see the Route 630 lot succeed because they are afraid to lose drivers/riders but I personally would hope we can all coexist peacefully and responsibly.

Tisa Shillingburg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic