Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thanks for Efforts on Horner Lot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thanks for Efforts on Horner Lot
    Posted: 24 Sep 2002 at 12:55pm
I wanted to thank the webmaster for his help in setting up the
DC line at Horner Road. Even though there are still some minor problems, it is apparently a success and has improved slugging at
the lot . It was no small effort to create the map and flyer, set up the online survey, manage the discussion boards, etc.

Thanks also to all of those who handed out flyers and posted
information. Horner was obviously a mess that badly needed help. If we didn't do something, I believe the PW Police would have. Once again, as with the change of the Rosslyn line, the website has shown its value to the slugging community.

To those who have criticized this move, in many cases very rudely, I will say that you are entitled to your opinion. However, rudeness hurts the website and slugging by discouraging people from posting opinions. There is no place for rudeness on the site.

Bslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2002 at 1:46pm
Bob,

Thanks for the post. I concur with the rudeness issue--there should be no place for it on this forum.

BSlug.

Lisas View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2002 at 1:19pm
Yes, thank you Bob and BSlug; I concur as well. I was quite offended and disturbed by the loudest opponent's Sept 4th posting. I personally do not want the "not-so-awake" drivers finding the way to my slug line for obvious safety reasons. I am also concerned that if drivers are really having trouble entering the lot from Telegraph Road,as the opponent suggests, then how will they negotiate the HOV lanes to DC? I do not believe drivers are having this problem except possibly the author of the 9/4 message. I have been going to the new lot for 14th Street rides since 9/17 and have had no problems. I have not needed to ride the bus once. As far as the negative comments go, they are counterproductive to what makes the slug lines work: a common goal to get to work safely, quickly, and with as little hassle as possible. If we wanted a negative environment, we would all still be in our previous carpools (yes, I am speaking primarily for myself here).

Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2002 at 11:20am
Bob and others,
Thanks for the compliments on the usefulness of this site. The real work was done by those who said "let's try it", then developed and distributed the flyers. The website is kind of the middle-man in many ways.

I am thankful that slugs find this site useful because that was the intent when it started a few years ago. Hopefully, it will continue to develop and provide an even more valuable service to this great system of commuting!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic