Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slug Line Novice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KFenton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slug Line Novice
    Posted: 08 Dec 2005 at 9:38pm
Hi,

I'm somewhat familiar with the concept of the slug-lines, and I'm considering using them as a driver. I live in Fredericksburg, so I would probably use the Rt.17 lot, or 610. However, before I decide to do this, I have two questions that I'm hoping to have answered:

1. I have a 2005 VW Golf--will the size of my backseat deter potential slugs from wanting to get ride with me, on account of the tight rear seating? Is there anything I can do make the ride more comfortable (like providing a neck pillow or something?)

2. I work in Herndon and was hoping to take slugs up to Franconia/Springfield Metro so that I can use the FFX Co. PKWY to get to work--do people from Stafford/Fredericksburg ever use the Franconia/Springfield Metro as a "slugging-destination"? Are there any slug-line destinations that may be conducive to working in Herndon?

Any and all feedback is welcomed!

N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2005 at 7:01am
KFenton,

You're providing the ride. Not much else is expected other than common courtesy. The pillow is above and beyond what I've done. Wouldn't sweat the smaller back seat, some larger slugs will turn down a ride, but there's ones small enough to fit.

Not familiar with too many folks taking the route you're looking to use though.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2005 at 10:11am
Not if you have 4-doors on your VW. [:)]

You'll probably have a tough time getting riders going just to the Springfield metro station. [:(] Nearly all slugs want to go to downtown DC or P'gon, Rosslyn and Crystal City locations. [:I]

Good luck! [8D]
Freud View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2005 at 3:32pm
You can't help driving what you drive and you can't please everyone so if the rider thinks the backseat is too small they just won't get in....

About commuting to Herndon.....I am not sure if you will have many takers going to Springfield. I have a friend of mine that works at Dulles and goes solo. If that is something that you end up having to do then you might want to look into some back ways into Herndon. They might be a bit longer but hopefully you will avoid the stop and go of the beltway and I-95.

All the best to you in your commuting efforts......
Freud View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2005 at 3:39pm
KFenton,

Just did a Mapquest thingy to Herndon and here a route that you can use. I started it from the Rte. 630 (Courthouse Road) in Stafford. Hope it helps.

1: Start out going EAST on COURTHOUSE RD / VA-630 toward JEFFERSON DAVIS HWY / US-1. <0.1 miles Map

2: Turn LEFT onto JEFFERSON DAVIS HWY / US-1 N. Continue to follow US-1 N. 9.9 miles Map

3: Turn LEFT onto VA-619 W / JOPLIN RD. 9.9 miles Map

4: Turn RIGHT onto ADEN RD / VA-646. 0.1 miles Map

5: Turn LEFT onto DUMFRIES RD / VA-234 N. 6.4 miles Map

6: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto LIBERIA AVE / PRINCE WILLIAM PKWY / VA-3000 N. Continue to follow LIBERIA AVE. 3.8 miles Map

7: Turn RIGHT onto VA-28 N / CENTREVILLE RD. Continue to follow VA-28 N. 13.7 miles Map

8: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto FRYING PAN RD. 1.0 miles Map

9: Turn LEFT onto CENTREVILLE RD. 1.4 miles Map

10: CENTREVILLE RD becomes ELDEN ST. <0.1 miles Map

11: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto ELDEN ST / VA-228. 1.0 miles Map

12: Turn RIGHT onto SPRING ST. <0.1 miles Map
frankiestein View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankiestein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2005 at 12:06pm
thanks for getting us lost freud!
TROLL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2005 at 11:04am
Great day in the morning! These are the directions:

Turn right on Shursire Dr

left on the curb and a left on the drive thru area

Order some fries then exit right.
frankiestein View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankiestein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2005 at 1:16pm
What the deuce?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic