Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FEEDBACK FROM ROUTE 630 SLUGS & DRIVERS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FEEDBACK FROM ROUTE 630 SLUGS & DRIVERS
    Posted: 26 Sep 2002 at 11:30am
Hi there!! I am trying to get an idea about how many people are coming to the Route 630 lot in the morning to either slug or drive. I know there are a few of us getting rides when I come in around 8:00, but I am not sure if anyone has been getting riders/rides earlier. Please send your responses to my email address at tisa.shillingburg@hqda.army.mil. I am trying to match driver's up with riders and I have several driver's who have said that they will be happy to pick up there but we need to get the timing right, so please send me an email. Thanks!!

Tisa Shillingburg
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2002 at 4:06pm
I just wanted to throw some inspiration in the air if anybody was riding the fence on whether or not to use the 630 lot for slugging. As a driver yesterday, I must say it was quite a pleasure picking up for that different location. First of all, I picked up 3 passengers very quickly at the Pentagon. Then, I saved 20 minutes of commute time not having to deal with the traffic on Garrisonville Road. Also, I was pleasantly surprised with the physics of the issue that I hadn't even thought about. You get off I-95 at Courthouse Road. You make a RIGHT off the exit (sounds easy, huh?), then you pull into the commuter lot and drop off your folks. Then you get to make another RIGHT onto Courthouse Road!!! No more watching your nails grow trying to make a left off of Staffordshire Blvd!!! Lastly, the people that i picked up were very pleasant and fun to ride with. Not a requirement of slugging, I know, but it made the experience that much more pleasurable!! I hope more people give it a shot!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic