Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

630 is GREAT! Saves 45-60 mins/day.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 630 is GREAT! Saves 45-60 mins/day.
    Posted: 01 Oct 2002 at 9:59am
I have been commuting from 630 and it has been saving me 20-30 minutes each way! I arrive at the lot by 7am and leave from the Pentagon at 5:10pm. We need more slugs and drivers. Fortunately I met another couple that also commutes the same time I do but there will be days when we need another rider or driver. I cannot stress how great and convenient the 630 lot is.

Unfortunately today I had to slug from 610 and I parked illegal. Once I was on the road I found out that as of today, cars will be either ticketed or towed. To confirm this I contacted the Sheriff’s department and VDOT. If you would like to make a complaint contact VDOT at (540) 899-4300 or (540) 899-4160.

tulipgirl67 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulipgirl67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2002 at 6:42pm
How is the commute from the Pentagon to 630 in the afternoon? I haven't seen anyone in the 630 Pentagon line in the afternoon, so I am reluctant to use 630.

I had been parking at the old Amoco on 610, but yesterday, incredibly, I returned to find my car completely blocked in. It took me and 3 good Samaritans 30 minutes to get my car out. I don't want to deal with that again.

So, how is the commute home from the Pentagon to 630 in the afternoon?

Thanks
shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2002 at 5:07pm
Hi tulipgirl!! The commute home from the Pentagon to Route 630 is a breeze!! I get home 25 minutes earlier and I don't have a huge line to wait in like 610 usually has. Drivers are far more willing to take us to Route 630 because it is more convenient. I would suggest holding a sign when you are waiting at the Route 630 sign at the Pentagon because you want them to know that's your destination. Please keep me informed on how it's going for you. I hope to see you at Route 630!!

Tisa Shillingburg
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2002 at 12:15pm
Like I said in other posts, if slugs for the Pentagon start showing up at 6:20-6:30AM, will there be drivers? And will there be drivers for 630 showing up at the Pentagoin between 4:30 and 5:30PM?

Matrix View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2002 at 10:24pm
Arbo,
I never arrive that early... the 630 is a newly formed line that we are hoping slugs and drivers will find more convenient for them. I promise you that returning home is not a problem!
quote:

Like I said in other posts, if slugs for the Pentagon start showing up at 6:20-6:30AM, will there be drivers? And will there be drivers for 630 showing up at the Pentagoin between 4:30 and 5:30PM?

Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2002 at 12:31pm
OK - reading all the posts (and talking to Tisa), I've decided to give 630 a try. I'll be there at around 6:20AM tomorrow waiting for a ride to the Pentagon. Drivers?

Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2002 at 3:37pm
Another question - does National Coach (aka Martz) service the Rt 630 parking lot? The page for 630 says it does, but Rt 630 is not listed at the National Coach commuter website.

Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2002 at 7:24am
My 1st day at 630 went OK. I got to the Rt 630 Commuter Lot (stood by the bus stop) at about 6:10AM and was walking in to the Pentagon at 7:03am. I only waited about 5 minutes and was picked up by someone on their way to Reagan National Airport. They said they normally picked up someone at the 610 lot, but heard we were trying to get the 630 lot going and decided to give it a try. Will let you know how it goes tonight. I'll be at the Pentagon Rt 630 pickup spot between 4:30 and 5PM.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic