Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTHEY VOTE TOMORROW FEB. 10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THEY VOTE TOMORROW FEB. 10
    Posted: 09 Feb 2006 at 3:14pm
Call or email today or else it will be too late. Tell them to let the exemption expire in July as planned.
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2006 at 3:59pm
Luddite, Thanks for your message. Unfortunately, most slugs and HOV drivers are not active politically. I wish it werent so, but the sparse attendance at the HOT meetings last year really disappointed me. People just don't realize that even several hundred active people can really make a difference. You hand out fliers and everyone says "Great, we dont want HOT or hybrids" then they dont come to meetings, or send emails.

After this bill passes, we are going to have to re-evaluate. My current thinking is to try to get something done about 95 first, rather than a statewide rule because a lot of our opposition uses 66 or HOVs down south and don't want the exemption ended there. Of course, Kaine is going to hire a new head of VDOT, so if I know anything about big organizations, they will be paralyzed with inaction for a while. We have some hope that the Feds will step in as things deteriorate further.

I guess in the meantime we can get in front of a hybrid and squirt our washer fluid on them or something. Bob

Luddite View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2006 at 8:55am
A bittersweet consolation prize is knowing that the sov hybrids don't have it any better than me and that when it grinds to a halt they're in it too.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2006 at 11:56am
I've already explained how the SOV hybrids have a big advantage over Sluggers and carpoolers no matter what the HOV traffic is.
duckduffer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckduffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2006 at 1:18pm
quote:
Originally posted by MDC
[br]I've already explained how the SOV hybrids have a big advantage over Sluggers and carpoolers no matter what the HOV traffic is.

Explain to me? How can adding more cars make sense? You want to ride alone in a clean air car and add more to the roads? That makes sense? Carpool or pick up slugs and that makes sense in a Hybrid..
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2006 at 1:35pm
I believe he was referring to the fact that the hybrids have a time advantage in that they dont have to stop and wait for slugs. So they have this built in advantage even though it is true they get stuck in traffic like everyone else. So just getting stuck in traffic still doesnt bring them "down" to the level of HOVs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic